This role reports into the VP, US Oncology Sales and the individual is expected to be an active member of the Oncology Sales Leadership Team and help drive the Oncology Sales commercial strategy and execution. Key objectives include:
• Enhance sales force effectiveness through maximization of sales team strategy, through sales training programming, models, workshops, initiatives, processes, and technology advancements
• Lead, manage, and coach training team.
• Direct, lead, and coach training managers to design, develop and deliver training and development programs that support commercial and brand strategies within agreed timelines, budget, legal/medical/regulatory review process and quality standards.
• Ensure training plan aligns with company strategy and brand goals and is executed in a manner which enables the sales force to achieve their goals.
• Oversee and implement a communications program for the national field teams that effectively aligns field direction with our corporate vision and strategy
• Collaborate with commercial leadership on the brand plan and ensure sales force readiness and tactical execution.
• Support launch of new products and/or new indications including conducting market research, analyzing market opportunities, understanding field sales opportunities and interpreting insights toward establishing a comprehensive launch strategy.
• Partner with senior commercial management to identify opportunities to enhance sales force productivity and to develop processes, tools and technology improvements.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to diagnose business unit challenges and internal and external gaps and to identify strategic opportunities which will ultimately impact sales results.
• Analyze and organize customer insights and data into strategic recommendations and tactical execution.
• Select and design tools, procedures and systems related to sales force effectiveness and competitiveness.
• Direct and prioritize sales training managers toward timely implementation of high-value initiatives
• Lead and direct team to research, recommend, and execute blended learning solutions for Field Training, National Sales Meetings, Representative Development Continuum, and Product Launch Meetings.
• Lead and direct training managers to conduct Advisory Boards of field-based personnel to gather feedback toward strategy development and launch planning.
• Provide leadership, direction and guidance to ensure training managers effectively utilize Regional Trainers toward development and implementation of key training tactics.
• Collaborate with key management for marketing, sales, legal, and meeting planning to develop the meeting training content that includes product strategy, messaging, training sessions, and related workshops.
• Ensure training records are current, accurate, and in compliance with all company policies, including all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Identify and monitor risks, barriers, and obstacles, and develop contingency plans as necessary.
• Actively seek relevant market intelligence and communicates the details, strategy, vision and direction to field sales, market access, nurse educator and medical liaison teams in a tone that promotes our unique culture.
• Proactively keep informed and up-to-date on the relevant industry codes of compliance and all related updates.
• Communicate clearly and effectively to the national field teams, including any actionable items or expected deliverables. Ability to create, implement and manage communication programs that:
o Align with the corporate vision & strategy
o Support the profile and reputation of the organization
o Drive engagement
o Work with all commercial stakeholders to develop relevant communications plan - managing timelines and legal approval of content
• Oversee the design, maintenance and updating of relevant sections of the US Sales Portal
Oncology Senior Sales Leadership Team (SSLT):
• Actively participate and contribute to the SSLT to set both the short and long term commercial strategies, capabilities and tactics.
• Works with teams across the oncology business unit to create effective, positive partnerships and ensure alignment of business needs and objectives
• Stays abreast of the external landscape, including industry and market trends and considers or recommends the consideration of external trends and factors in Takeda decision-making
• Develops sustainable capabilities to identify innovation opportunities and mobilize mindsets and processes to explore such opportunities.
• Develop analyses and presentations to support business development and/or commercialization, planning and investment decisions related to training initiatives.
• Helps ensure the long-term sustainability of project deliverables through effective change management.
• Conducts field visits with the field-based employees to assess needs and adapt strategic plans accordingly.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor's degree required (preferably in business or life sciences); MBA or advanced degree preferred
• 10-12 years overall pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing experience or relevant clinical experience; 5+ years in oncology/hematology
• 5 years of sales management at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
• Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical sales training experience and/or other relevant experience such as marketing or sales operations or other experience
• Ability to lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams without authority/without direct reporting line relationship
• Ability to prioritize decisions and activities, to make decisions to ensure efficient use of resources
• Ability to manage teams and be part of a management team
• In-depth knowledge of the Oncology market and overall trends
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex data to support decision-making and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
• Proven ability to address problems and opportunities in well organized and systematic ways
• Sophisticated verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to summarize relevant market and business intelligence
• Strategic Thinking
• Effective leadership and people management skills
• Demonstrated ability to hold others accountable to deadlines and responsibilities
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Superior understanding of adult learning principles
• Experience in eLearning development
• Excellent communication/presentation skills, both oral and written.