Oncology is an exciting and dynamic area and a key priority area for Pfizer. This role has the potential to help set the future vision for Pfizer's Oncology portfolio and to help make a significant difference in patient's lives.
The Director, Early Commercial Development is responsible for working with the cross functional teams to drive decision-making for the early-stage Oncology pipeline and leading commercial planning for these assets. This role will be responsible for a range of early assets and technology platforms. In addition, the role will also be responsible for supporting early portfolio level initiativesROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and support the team through key strategic decisions for Pfizer's oncology portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- This position will be a key interface to WRD, GPD, Medical, CBO, PHI, Regulatory and all partner functions on new asset ideas, holistic early asset strategy, facilitate execution of asset plans and support asset progression through governance stage-gates and endorsements by TRIAD. He / She will play an important influential leadership role to foster a strong, collaborative partnership culture.
- Lead commercial / strategic assessments and drive commercial planning to support development of asset / technology platform business cases including:
- Evaluating and maintaining a comprehensive view of the dynamic competitive landscape at the asset level
- Leading comprehensive analysis of the market trends, pricing/access landscape; treatment trends across regions; evolving standard of care and competitive developments
- Providing commercial input to the development strategies to optimally commercialize oncology assets
- In close partnership with key stakeholders, He / She will drive pipeline asset and disease area strategies, commercial assessments, develop product concepts, target product profiles, assess and recommend asset investment decisions incorporating competitive intelligence
- Address strategic development questions and issues that directly impact early asset teams
- Gather insights and advice that will directly impact early clinical strategies (such as clinical trial design, endpoints recruitment etc)
- Provide an early read and insights on external and competitive activities with the ability to impact team strategies and decisions rapidly
- Make appropriate strategic and investment recommendations to TRIAD, PSI and Pfizer governance bodies.
- 7+ years of experience in commercial development, marketing, new product launch or strategy in pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology companies.
- BA/BS required.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
- Experience in leading Marketing and/or Commercial organizations is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Oncology landscape and emerging trends highly preferred
- Prior Commercial Development experience with commercial planning, decision-making and driving value of early stage pipeline assets highly preferred
- Experience progressing assets through stage-gates (POC, DP3 etc) and presenting asset business cases to senior management
- Hands-on experience leading financial valuation, forecasting, business proposal and/or other related projects required.
- Experience interfacing/collaborating with Research, Development, Regulatory, PHI and other functions required.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross functional matrix teams and developing a collaborative culture highly preferred
- Experience in long term strategic plan development and execution
- Experience with Global product launches and developing pre-launch positioning and strategies
- Advanced degreepreferred
- Last Date to Apply for Job: January 19, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFE Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Marketing and Market Research