Job Description Summary:
The Brown Forman (BF) Director of Sales, On Premise will deliver Brown Forman plans and programs in order to obtain the Brown Forman and Young's annual plans.
The BF Director will work with Washington On Premise management teams, ensuring the Young's and Brown Forman teams are aligned and proper tools are in place to deliver the monthly, tertile and annual plans.Job Description:
Planning: Sales Director – Brown Forman are expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives by:
- Establishing for assigned personnel specific, measurable and achievable objectives compatible with company and supplier priorities.
- Identifying on an ongoing basis distribution gaps and developing a strategy to overcome issues.
- Updating monthly forecast/projections by analyzing reporting and working closely with the Young's On Premise Management Team leadership.
- Utilizing available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
- Implement Brown Forman program scorecard tracking – Key Drivers, TPS, BF SEE.
- Establish relationships with top On Sale accounts and execute local and National Brown Forman programs.
- Oversee the successful execution of key company sales activities, including surveys, company events and tastings. Participate in important assigned industry related events.
Supervising: Sales Director – Brown Forman are expected to direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel by:
- Train, coach and develop all Brand Development Managers (BDM) in accordance with the programs and procedures of the company's training system.
- Working with assigned personnel to establish sales programs and strategies.
- Providing leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all assigned personnel.
- Conducting meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned personnel.
- Motivate the sales team to perform assigned responsibilities. Identify and provide corrective actions when necessary to meet company objectives.
- Ensure that the Brown Forman dedicated sales team stays within provided financial guidelines.
- Ensuring that assigned personnel adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
Organizing: Sales Director – Brown Forman are expected to organize the structure and utilization of all assigned supervisory areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier objectives by:
- Attracting, developing and thus retaining sales and management teams.
- Organizing assigned personnel schedules to concentrate on in-field activities.
- Ensuring that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
Communicating: Sales Director – Brown Forman are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and senior management by:
- Providing specific and current information on supplier, market, sales and merchandising results and/or problems.
- Formulating recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for supplier brands.
- Submitting required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with all departments to include, sales/execution, pricing and procurement.
- Maintaining reliable, up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
- Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
- Maintaining and developing positive business relationships with suppliers and customers, including providing them with requested business reviews and information.
- Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year college or university preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in the Wine & Spirits industry
- At least 3 years On Premise experience
- At least 2 years management experience
- Proficiency in marketing and planning for Wine and Spirits commodities
- Proficiency in marketing and planning for On Premise Channel
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Lastly, this position will require the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and clients.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position must possess the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, as well as the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited and minimal standardization exists. The position will also require the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment
- Proven track record developing and managing programs that delivered results
- Strong knowledge of supplier and distribution tiers of the Wine & Spirits industry
- An orientation for action and a penchant for ensuring details are handled
- Creativity and initiative to create unique and targeted programs in the market to drive results
- Strong influencing skills
- An ability to think strategically
- An ability to prioritize and focus on key drivers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills