Note: This position can be performed anywhere in the US. Remote applicants with the US are welcomed to apply. Must have authorization to work in the US.
Omnichannel Enablement is enabling & innovating the buying journey with speed, as ONE COMPANY, as ONE TEAM. We enable customer success through a common experience orchestrated across digital channels & digital capabilities, improving customer experience & loyalty. Merchandising is critical to this digital journey and our digital transformation. We have an exciting opportunity to lead our talented customer-obsessed team and curate our broad portfolio of products across multiple digital channels.
We are currently searching for a Director, Omnichannel Merchandising to join our Omnichannel Team. This position will be responsible for shaping the experience of our customers on their digital journeys. This role leads digital merchandising across ecommerce, integration, and customer material management solutions while developing and executing strategies across multiple storefronts and brands. Merchandising acts as the catalyst and partner for cross functional teams to provide customers with relevant products, services, and informational content through an optimized online experience, driving adoption of omnichannel solutions, for profitable growth and operational efficiencies.
Note: this position is a remote position and may work from a virtual home office. Proximity to Pittsburg, Northbrook (Chicago) or Orlando preferred but not required. Occasional travel to office locations may be required.
- Directs efforts to optimize existing site features including product recommendations, on-site search, navigation hierarchy and faceted navigation. Identifies and implements together with IT team enhancements to existing features to drive improved key performance indicators, including product page views rate, add to cart, funnel metrics, conversion and revenue per visit
- Manage day-to-day operational management of site/sites, site merchandising, content management, product ingestion, data normalization, ranking algorithms, landing page optimizations and supporting processes and technologies to drive sales, traffic and conversion which achieve revenue goals and prove the business case for future innovations
- Establish best practices around project objectives and goals using metrics to justify and measure success of online activities, informed by competitive analysis
- Direct product assortment across digital channels partnering with Sourcing, MDM and Digital Marketing teams
- Directs merchandising strategies and plans for omnichannel to achieve business goals and financial and content quality results
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives
- Set financial and operational metrics for omnichannel merchandising activities and set standards and expectations for product content accuracy, completeness and breadth including enrichment, keywords, and taxonomies
- Identify technology solutions to improve category merchandising; partner with internal and external vendors to implement
- Expand demand generation, content, and personalization efforts for digital channels
- Utilize web analytics, customer feedback and A/B testing methodologies to refine the online customer experience and deliver personalized and relevant dynamic content
- Ensure ongoing training and development of the team, fostering high team engagement; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; foster a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Digital Strategy
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience interacting at the executive level
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence development and adoption
- BA/BS in Marketing, Operations, Data Science, Engineering, Commerce, Management, Economics, or Customer Experience/Design
- General knowledge in Internet Technology and Software Development Lifecycle including current industry trends and their application a plus
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations in both online and offline formats
- Use of office equipment. Occasional lifting, walking, bending. Max lift demand 25lbs.
- Ability to travel occasionally
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solution. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide.