Director of West Coast Operations
Hawthorn Senior Living currently has an opportunity at our Vancouver, Washington Home Office for a Director of West Coast Operations. This position is vital to our operations team and is responsible for ensuring all western facilities managed by Hawthorn Senior Living are effective and efficient in all aspects of operation. This includes but is not limited to setting and obtaining goals for resident satisfaction, 100% occupancy and being 100% on budget.
Minimum Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in facility operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and supervision appropriate for senior residents.
- Ability to direct the operations of retirement communities managed by Hawthorn Senior Living.
- Experience with supervisory responsibilities such as hiring, terminating, and job performance evaluations.
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet departmental deadlines.
- Extensive travel is required, often with little or no notice.
- MUST reside in or relocate to the Portland, Oregon/Vancouver area as this is a Vancouver, Washington based position.
Skills and Abilities
- Effortlessly lead and manage under pressure.
- Possess the capacity to think strategically and implement strategic initiatives.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, train and implement.
- Capable of seeing the "big picture" and be detail-oriented.
- Be creative, innovative, and progressive; be a good problem solver.
- Excel in communication both verbal and written, in a clear concise manner.
- Strength in managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Content to work independently with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and standards.
- Ability to objectively collect and analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to engage with diverse staff.
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes paid time off, the opportunity to elect medical, dental, vision and disability benefits, as well as supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match at the company's discretion, and an employee assistance program (EAP). We also have a very unique office culture and we love to celebrate year-round. Such festivities include monthly birthday celebrations, holiday activities including holiday office parties, dress up competitions, group donation drives, casual Fridays and more!
At Hawthorn we pride ourselves on hard work, integrity, operating with total transparency. We also hold the belief that you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this position, please send a cover letter, expressing why you are the best candidate for this position and your salary expectations, as well as a resume to with "Director of West Coast Operations" in the subject line. Note: Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
We do pre-employment background checks, employment verification, and reference checks. Hawthorn Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.