Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Director, Warehouse Solutions at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
Are you looking forward to advancing your career with a highly respected organization that is actively positioning itself for continuous growth and success in an increasingly competitive market? Do you have a desire to foster a corporate culture where you help drive the voice of the customer into the process of developing products and solutions for the market? Do you desire a challenging senior leadership position that helps take the organization to the highest level by building and strengthening the bridge between sales & marketing and engineering?
Directly supporting the Vice President of Product Planning & Solutions, this position is responsible for owning the overall health of the sit-down counterbalance (SDCB) / Warehouse (WH) product lines. This position represents the ?bridge? between the Sales & Marketing organization and the Engineering organization, and drives engineered solutions to meet which directly answers the needs and wants of our customers.
- Acts as the lead Sales & Marketing representative within the SDCB / WH Product Line Strategy Group (PLSG) and provides the latest market situation in an effort to prioritize engineering resources onto projects which will provide the greatest return to HYG and its shareholders. The position utilizes Marketing Requirement Document (MRD) practices and related Voice of Customer (VOC) exercises to ensure the needs of the market are being clearly articulated to the engineering teams.
- Ensures the product management team works withmarketing and training organization to create winning product positioning strategies and ensure that our sales organizations (internal and external) are fully trained to gain customer acceptance with the Hyster and Yale branded solutions.
- Exercises this position takes full responsibility for of understanding the health of each product in the market, determining the root cause of share losses, then driving actions within the organization to address and reverse those losses.
- Acts as the evangelist and ambassador for the full line of SDCB / WH products and supports all the critical functions of the organization (Marketing, Training, Aftermarket, Service, etc.) to ensure maximum success in market.
- Leads Application Engineering Solutions in order to maximize the sales potential of HYG?s products by directly responding to end-user customer driven needs with high quality custom engineered solutions. This Engineering team will enable HYG to differentiate itself in the marketplace as an organization build on the foundation of providing the industry?s best delivery of both solutions and services.
The Director, Warehouse Solutions Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
- Lead a team of electric and internal combustion product managers who will be responsible for the health of the counterbalance product lines.
- Lead the application engineering team such that customer and industry driven solutions are positioned and promoted for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Regularly communicate to the senior executive leadership team about the health of HYG?s counterbalance products and to report what specific activities are either underway or are needed to improve such health.
- Serve as the ?bridge? between the sales and marketing side (customers) and engineering to ensure products and solutions being developed reflect what the market wants.
- Support dealers, national accounts and end-user customers in their efforts to promote HYG?s counterbalance products in the market.
The Successful Director, Warehouse Solutions Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree, EngineeringDegree is preferred
- 10+ years materials handling experience, minimum 3years of management experience strongly preferred
- Highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Project management, business development and marketingexperience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits ? medical, vision, dental
- Profit Sharing + 401(k) with company matching
- PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Health Clinics (most locations)
- On-site cafeteria (most locations)
If you are up for this management opportunity at Hyster-Yale Group pleaseapply and include a cover letter that describes your leadership experience with people, with projects and what drives you to seek this opportunity.
Greenville, NC, is a charming town in Pitt County located just 85 miles east of Raleigh, NC. It has a population of over 172,000 people in the greater metropolitan area and is ranked number six Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine. Greenville, NC is the home of East Carolina University and friendly southern culture offering dining, arts, museums, festivals, and a variety of amenities and quick access to several water fronts and beaches for people who love the outdoors.