The Director of Warehouse Operations coordinates all regional administrative functions and enforces corporate policy, procedures and operating systems for Regional Operations Management staff. Responsible for production standards for teams, plan headcount needs based on labor cost and budget management, and staff and mentor management positions. Advises Regional Vice-President of concerns and issues and advises of solutions. This position reports to the Regional Vice President.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of all warehouse operations and staff in the region.
- Creates production standards for teams, plan headcount needs based on labor cost and budget management.
- Responsible for budget and review of regional monthly aging and various reports.
- Will work collaboratively with internal leadership and team members throughout the Company.
- Plans the implementation and support of new/upgraded warehouse and office operating systems including computer systems and manual systems required in the administration of the operation.
- Conducts facility audits and oversees the administration and supplies necessary training thought region.
- Manages performance, reviews and sets annual goals for General Managers in region.
- Will be accountable for the administration required for a physical inventory and reconciliation.
- Ensure continued training and cross training of all personnel within the region.
- Maintenance of lease and customer files at the regional level.
- Reviews of regional accounts receivables.
- Will interact with customers of key accounts.
- Work with corporate and local vendors to acquire and maintain all material handling equipment, storage, conveyors and related assets.
- Work with engineering team to develop pricing model for new clients.
- Will recruit, hire and mentor management positions.
- Occasional duties will include sales calls when administration of the account is an issue at the discretion of the Regional Vice President.
- Develops and coordinates special events within the region.
- Attendance of industry/professional meetings and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 10 years of managerial and operations experience in high volume distribution environment.
- At Least 5 years managing a logistics and supply chain distribution network and managing exempt employees.
- Proven ability to measure and perform against internal expectations, industry standards, WMS systems, equipment, and safety related programs.
- Computer applications using MS office specifically access, excel and Power Point, internet search engine capabilities, T-Logic and warehouse operating systems,
- At least 5 years working in KRONOS systems.
- Very strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with design and layout of distribution facilities and best-in-class operations.
- Performed and or led continuous improvement projects in the area of Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge in a cross dock, pic n pack, kitting and sales environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary.
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work hours.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.