INAP is seeking to hire an experienced Vendor Management Director to join our team. As the Director, you will be responsible for leading the Vendor Management Team who acts as the primary interface for with network vendors and carriers for the Company. Functions of the team include:
- Identifying contacts at each carrier for sales/sales support roles, as well as securing and maintaining escalation lists for installation and repair activities.
- Developing relationship with the all carrier account teams to provide INAP with lowest pricing solutions.
- Working with legal to negotiate carrier/vendor contracts for orders and renewals, driving rates to the lowest possible for INAP.
- Working with the sales and network teams on customer solutions to fit both customer and network requirements.
- Sourcing prices from various carriers for required solutions – determine quoting procedures for each carrier (portal, email, etc.).
- Placing orders with carriers as required, by interfacing with CMG for order placement and tracking. Tracking the installation of all orders and communicate due date changes to all parties in a timely fashion. Escalating with the carriers when necessary.
- Ensuring CMG has all contract updates for system tracking.
- Working with CMG to verify billing and identify any billing issues with carriers, including cancelation errors and order/install mistakes.
- Developing and implementing programs to manage vendor performance, relationships and risks, and meet both internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzing carrier and vendor statistics, including installation accuracy, billing accuracy, network performance (contact NOC for their analysis), and issuing quarterly report cards to ensure vendor quality and performance are at optimum levels.
- Managing the vendor, including adding new vendors, and removing underperformer as necessary.
DIRECTOR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility to develop best-in-class global vendor governance strategies while maintaining or improving quality, performance and risk mitigation
- Evaluating potential provider’s reputation, resources and expertise
- Negotiating network carrier contracts
- Reporting and analyzing spend and cost savings related to network carrier contracts
- Developing strategic relationships with vendors to understand how to create mutually beneficial opportunities
- Working with vendors to make sure they are aware of performance expectations
- Consistently monitor the effectiveness of current vendor management processes and offers process improvements to help ensure that work is completed in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- 7+ years vendor management experience
- Network Carrier experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
OTHER KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SPECIFIC SKILLS NECESSARY TO PERFORM JOB
- Strong technical/functional understanding of vendor management tool-sets and procurement processes
- Strong technical knowledge of telco, and standards
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail