ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Streamlines accounting of vendor credits.
- Facilitates a shift to cash from credit memos, especially for vendors with low purchase dollars.
- Partners with IT to develop robust supplier data tracking methods through data warehouse tools.
- Develops forward-looking reporting with Supply Chain to provide tools to optimize rebates through discretionary forward buys.
- Integrates vendor funded programs into customer profitability analysis.
- Partners with key business leaders to understand and explain all vendor credits and funded programs including rebates, co-op, market credits, allowances, etc.
- Partners with key business leaders to enhance effectiveness of vendor co-op programs and optimize rebates.
- Builds an effective team with innovative resources who can upgrade existing practices.
- Encourages interaction of the team with the business to enhance key partnerships.
- Establishes a strong and positive leadership culture that drives accountability while supporting engagement and people development.
- Drives cross training and documentation of procedures to reduce reliance on key individuals and allow for individual advancement.
- Builds a strategic plan to:
- Set expectations for rebate income by vendor and at the branch level
- Set appropriate net marketing costs at the business level
- Estimate a reasonable rebate and co-op receivable
- Align vendor-funded programs with key business and supply chain strategies
- Tracks all rebate programs and ensure timely collection of rebate receivables
- Tracks and other program credits (market credits, claimbacks, allowances, etc.) and ensure they are recorded in a manner which is consistent and drives business understanding of profitability
- Documents and understands all other vendor credit procedures (returns, shortages, defects, etc.)
- Monitors potential net realizable value (NRV) issues on inventory.
- Partners with marketing for tracking of co-op programs, spending and resulting sales
- Manages rebate tracking platform to optimize rebate income estimation and recognition
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in A/P, procurement, supply chain, vendor funded programs (marketing or rebates), analytics or a combination thereof
- Management experience preferred
- Advanced experience in Excel and PowerPoint preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to summarize detailed information in such a way as to communicate trends
- Strong process documentation and implementation skills.