Director of UX Design / Buy-Side Research / Analytics / Technology
Owned by a Consortium of the largest financial service firms in the world, and partnered with the world's leading investment banks, this innovative disruptor Financial Technology company, has developed a unique platform for distributing and understanding analyst models & forecast data. Utilizing machine learning technology, and advanced data / analytics tools, this cloud based platform will revolutionize Buy-side / institutional investors' ability to generate quantifiable insight into the future fundamentals of companies.
- Manage a team that develops detailed wireframes, user flows, high-fidelity mockups, detailed specifications and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements.
- Help define product requirements by collaborative brainstorming and high-level prototyping with product team.
- Collaborate with offshore team in India.
- Manage multiple projects and allocate design resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process and consistent visual language.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Actively contribute as a designer when needed, with a strong emphasis on information design and data visualization.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate with teams in global offices.
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to synthesize and incorporate feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Balsamiq, Affinity Designer, Sketch,, Illustrator,, Omnigraffle, Axure, etc.
- Have successfully worked in an Agile/SCRUM/Lean-UX environment with rapid validation and iteration cycles.
- Experience designing UI's for data intensive websites and mobile applications.
- Experience visualizing complex financial data.
- Comfortable/familiar with financial statement data and financial models.
- Portfolio of relevant UI/UX design projects (please provide a link to your portfolio).