Businessolver is looking for a Director of UX to lead our UX development and research team tasked with designing the customer experience for our next generation products. This person will partner with our Product, Science, Engineering, and Marketing teams in creating compelling user experiences.
- Own UX design across all Businessolver products and services – including multimodal user interface design to support our virtual assistant, Sofia – as well as, Mobile and Call Center UX design
- Grow, coach, and empower a team of UX designer and researchers – this includes operation excellence of the team in planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that research projects are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives; and direct the team to ensure timely delivery
- Propose and build the best mechanisms for evaluating and measuring customer experience
- Responsible for communicating customer experience design and results with executives and senior leadership
- Review with and gather feedback on work from business, product management, Engineering and Marketing teams as well as executive leadership
- Understand the end to end user journey, the friction points within, and how the proposed UX solution impacts all possible paths
- Be an advocate for our customers and impart day-to-day strategic user experience leadership
What you need to make the cut:
- Have an online portfolio demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and GUI design expertise
- 10+ years of design experience
- Experience in using Human Computer Interaction (HCI) design principles
- Knowledge of Conversational UX design practices are highly desirable
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Proto.io, Sketch, Figma, Axure, Framer, Invision, etc.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Experience designing large scale and high visibility customer experiences for Mobile and Call Center customers.
- Familiarity with A/B, multivariate and other quantitative testing techniques
- Demonstrated ability in qualitative User Research techniques (e.g. usability studies, interviews, etc.)
- Formal, advanced education in Interaction/UX Design or HCI, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated holistic and systems thinking approach to problem solving
The pay range for this position is 117K to 147K per year (pay to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data).