Job Description Summary
The Director of US Technical Services isresponsible for the overall serviceexperience with DS customers and that customer service is maintained at the highest levels. In addition, this role isresponsible to continuously develop, maintain and grow the service business for the US Region by planning, strategizing and creatingfuture opportunities with the entire line of Diagnostics Systems products. This role will be integral to the overall success and vision of the organization by ensuring overall operational efficiency, effectiveness and operational strength through strong process and talent optimization, service tools, and the development of best-in-class processes across the Service Delivery organization. The ideal candidate will bring strategy, process, people, and vision for the future of service operations. Additionally the leader isresponsible for building a capable and high performance service organization by establishing, implementing and maintaining "best practices" in service management, developing and administering revenuebudgets, and performance requirements.Reports to the VP Life Sciences Technical Services and dotted-line to the DS US Sales VP/GM.
- Oversees management and development of US based service strategies to eliminate service gaps, and to assure high quality service and support for new and existing product platforms.
- Oversees all end-to-end functions to enable successful service delivery at DS: field services, lab automation services, service quality & escalations, field applications specialists, regional training & specialists, dispatching, installation coordination, project management, customer success executives, and service revenue generation.
- Exemplify service excellence and industry leadership, leveraging service innovation to unleash customer success. Successfully lead and communicate the vision, mission, and objectives for the US DS Technical Services Region. Develop and execute communication plans that drive associate motivation and engagement. 1) Meet all commitments and performance targets. 2) Exceed customer expectations. 3) Involve and inspire colleagues
- Develop and implement the strategy, prioritization and geographic strategy deployment processes to enable the division’s strategic and annual operating plans in region.
- Achieve annual operating plans that lead to assisting the Region in business growth, margin expansion and product pull-through.
- Create standard work and management dashboards to quickly and effectively monitor, manage and communicate operational and strategic performance of the US Service business.
- Establish and nurture deep relationships with BD Lifesciences peers and ensure strategic and operational alignment across DS and other divisions. Proactively build strategic business plans and account strategies that entice and attract other divisions to work with Technical Services to strengthen our collective contributions to the overall BD Lifesciences value proposition for our customers
- Provide timely, effective and profitable delivery of all in-scope product services to end-user customers across the US through a geographically dispersed, field-based team of engineers and teams based at customer sites. 1) Installation, contract and warranty repair, T&M (time and material) repair, preventative maintenance, escalation, and validation—meeting service quality level requirements. 2) Customer training and support for instrument operations and routine applications including installation and post-installation requirements. 3) Strengthen Service infrastructure to ensure high quality service and profitability within enterprise service accounts. 4) Lab Automations services including equipment implementations providing an end-to-end service solution.
- Generate profitable revenue and growth. 1) Proactively contribute to the development and delivery of new service products within the region. 2) Implement and manage service incentive plans that encourage identification and pursuit of growth and expansion opportunities while maintaining high quality service levels and a positive customer experience
- Support product sales by working closely and collaboratively with the respective DS commercial teams for customer satisfaction, market strategies and service delivery activities. 1) Support end-to-end account management and customer teamwork to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction for BD products and services. 2) Establish and maintain customer relationships at all levels across the leadership in the US region to retain and expand our DS portfolio adoption. 3) Ensure individual collaboration across sales and service through regional meetings and regular communications
- Track performance for all service operations and develop and drive recovery plans for deviations from accepted performance targets.
- Maintain high levels of customer allegiance leveraging NPS survey results, service metrics and implement improvement plans that deliver measurable and continuous improvement.
- Proactively drive the development of the skills matrix, product competencies and product certification for all management, technical and support staff to meet installed base service commitments and annual operating plan objectives (new and current products).
- Proactively evaluate and plan adequate staffing to fulfill delivery obligations and ensure revenue and margin goals are achieved.
- Develop plans to proactively increase or decrease staffing levels to effectively respond to market or competitive dynamics and maintaining ability to achieve profit commitments.
- Uncover and understand the business needs and challenges of our customers; address these through business analysis, concrete and executable recommendations and ongoing consultation based on our unique services and ability to assess markets, customers, competitors and products.
- Serve as a role model demonstrating BD Values
Job ID R-303446