Summary of Position:
Lead Kimberly-Clark US (KCUS) to harness the full potential of its large paid media investments across traditional, digital, and retail channels. Set a clear vision and aggressive goals to transform KCUS into a CPG leader in modern media marketing, which takes innovative approaches to stay ahead of a rapidly changing and highly competitive marketplace. Establish clear strategies and measures to follow through on those goals. Build and oversee Joint Business Partnerships with leading media companies like Google, Facebook and Disney. Ensure our contracted media agency delivers top client level performance and maintains the highest possible degree of planning and buying excellence on behalf of KCUS. Effectively support all KCUS brand management teams to build consumer centric media strategies. Partner closely with and leverage the power/scale of our global, matrixed organization. Build and nurture a winning US media team.
- Develop KCUS brand media vision & strategies which drive business growth by maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of our large paid media investments.
- Set aggressive goals and measures to deliver and track our paid media performance.
- Push KCUS forward in our ability to make personalized, impactful connections with consumers in the cookieless world.
- Launch and sustain an agile and iterative way of media planning and activation through our brand teams and agency partners, inclusive of consumer journey mapping, PESO (Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned) integration and Retail Media integration.
- Provide strong strategic media guidance to all KCUS brand teams to help ensure plans are consumer led, follow the recommended KCUS media planning approach, and deliver business needs and communication objectives.
- Apply and scale media learning and best practices across all KCUS brands and business units.
- Develop talent of media team direct reports into future digital marketing leaders.
- Partner with and support KCUS Performance Marketing team in all areas where paid media intersects with their strategic business plan.
- Partner with IT and Performance Marketing on initiatives to improve K-C position in marketplace such as DSP, SSP, DCO and other key ad tech partner decisions.
- Help drive current and future retail media and e-commerce efforts.
- Inspire and educate KCUS marketing leaders to build their capabilities in personalized, paid media channel execution, multi-cultural and inclusive marketing. Train them how to leverage the media measurement/analytics tools at their disposal to drive greater insights and executional effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Global Digital COE and Global Business Unit Sector Teams to leverage existing brand communication frameworks, which include strategic media principles and guidance for activation for all of K-C’s major brands.
- Drive people-based data application to reach high prospect consumers at scale, leveraging dynamic content, and adhering to K-C’s brand safety, privacy and transparency standards.
- Own and lead the KCUS relationship with Mindshare, ensuring accountability to deliver best in class practices and ROI. Lead SOW optimization and bi-yearly performance evaluation process.
- Lead the US relationship with Facebook, Google and other Audience First media partners (i.e. Pinterest, Disney, Spotify, TheTradeDesk and more).
- Guide transformation of K-C’s approach to linear TV upfront buying/planning by forging new media supplier partnership approaches and delivering cost effective and commitment flexible ways of reaching consumers in video via addressable methods.
- Represent KCUS in relevant advertiser and media industry associations.
- Partner with procurement to recommend and conduct media cost/quality and financial audits, develop agency RFIs/RFPs as needed.
Innovators like us need trailblazers like you
We’re looking for leaders who think beyond “the way things are” to “the way things could be.” Bring us your talent for imagining in ways that will lift our performance even higher. People from all backgrounds enrich our work experience with their diverse perspectives. We welcome and look to include and promote all.
- Transform KCUS media from a siloed, business sector approach, to one that drives ongoing enterprise level value, by leveraging the full scale of KCUS paid media investments, applies best practices across teams, standardizes process and planning guidance, takes innovative buying approaches, recommends strategic test and learns and builds/nurtures strong external partnerships.
- Problem solve and drive through industry challenges: data privacy, media transparency, ad fraud, brand safety, view-ability, media fragmentation & reach aggregation / calculation, platform integration.
- Drive a higher degree of accountability and receive top client worthy talent/performance level from current US media agency Mindshare.
- Elevate K-C to best in class in pivotal areas for our long-term success such as our approach to people-based marketing, linear/connected/online video investment, mutli-cultural and inclusive marketing, holistic approach to retail media and search.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or graduate level degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of senior level experience in media strategy and investment
- Deep expertise in all forms of Media, including related tools, science, precise R/F aggregation / calculation methods, targeting, data, dynamic content, ad fraud, viewability, brand safety, programmatic, DMPs and strong emphasis in emerging capabilities in these areas and how they benefit K-C today and in the future
- In-depth understanding of the strengths and challenges of MMM, MTA and other leading media measurement tools
- Experience leading data strategies, and effective 1st party data harvesting practices
- Experience partnering closely with performance marketing teams with hands-on expertise in building capability
- Proven ability to lead clients into robust and effective multi-cultural, D&I marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience leading client media teams for 5+ years
- Active leader in industry groups like ANA, IAB, MRC, MMM
- Comfortable working in "white space" to establish new capabilities, processes, and innovations
- Ability to prioritize and maintain focus in complex and shifting environments
- Passionate learner with a hunger to be on the forefront of new trends in an ever-changing landscape
- Strong problem-solving skills and calm persistence in navigating tough industry challenges to build capabilities ahead of the curve
- Demonstrated ability to gracefully build strong, mutually respected internal/eternal relationships across large, cross-functional teams
- Highly articulate and persuasive communicator who clearly conveys complex solutions and their business implications with Sr. Executives and Business leaders within K-C
- Acumen to look at business financials holistically and understand media’s most effective role to drive consumer outcomes, ROI and business growth