Director of Urgent Care
Director of Urgent Care (Convenient Care)
Location: United States - Texas - Austin
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Medical & Dental Practitioners
Job Category: Medical / Health - Physician
*At this time we are not accepting candidates who need sponsorship
Director of Urgent Care (Convenient Care) is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of convenient care services. Convenient Care is a care delivery philosophy and practice focused on providing same day access to patients with acute illness and injury at a walk in health center outside of the patient?s medical home. This position reports to the Director of Primary Care.
? Promote the mission of delivering care safely and effectively throughout the convenient care health centers in collaboration with nursing and operations leaders.
?Responsible for all aspects of medical care provided in the convenient care health centers to include supervision of assigned providers, employed or contracted, in collaboration with nursing and operations leadership.
? Monitor performance of all assigned providers and provide performance feedback and interventions as appropriate.
? Assist in provider recruitment and training to ensure convenient care sites are properly staffed with qualified physicians and advanced practice providers.
? Provides clinical expertise and guidance on aspects of care related to delivery of convenient care to clinical services.
? Provide direct patient care services in Care sites as scheduled.
? Perform other duties as assigned.
? Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices.
? Proficiency in the use of a computer, software packages and office machines.
? Ability to provide leadership in the establishment and implementation of health care delivery mechanisms, strategies, tactics, standards and goals.
? Strong business acumen as well as substantial knowledge and expertise in the health sciences.
? Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate complex data, clinical information, business needs and related issues in an accurate, objective and straightforward manner.
? Strong attention to detail.
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
? Assumes full responsibility for patients receiving care within the designated health centers.
? Works in tandem with the Health Center?s practice and clinical leaders to ensure a collaborative team oriented environment.
? Leads and motivates the medical providers under his/her supervision; uses effective medical and people performance management processes.
?Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of CUC.
? Serves as the champion for Value Based Care initiatives and other initiatives that may impact the operations of CUC and/or the quality of patient care.
? Performs objective annual evaluations of all direct reports with the input from the Practice Leader.
- MD or DO from an accredited institution.
- 3years of clinical practice with significant demonstrated experience in urgent care, convenient care, acute care of emergency management with a minimum of 1year of demonstrated leadership experience working collaboratively with medical and operational leaders.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Holds and maintains these certifications as a professional. Lapsing/expiration of these certifications/licensure will result in suspension of work:
1. Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in a mutually agreed upon time-frame.
2. Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration for the purpose of writing prescriptions.
3. Board Certification in Family Medicine or Board Eligible and passage of Board Certification examination within one (1) year of employment.
- Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card.
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers.
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- 3 years of clinical practice with significant demonstrated experience in urgent care, convenient car
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
Minimum Education - Other
Willingness to Travel - Never
- Are you a MD or DO from an accredited institution? This is a minimum requirement.
- Do you hold a Board Certification in Family Medicine or are Board Eligible and able to pass Board Certification examination within one (1) year of employment? This is a minimum requirement.
FQHC experience, Urgent Care/ Convenient care
- Candidates must hold an active TX license, be in process of applying for a TX license, or be willing to apply for a TX license expeditiously and attest they have no professional reason to believe they will be unable to obtain a TX medical license to begin work by an agreed upon initial employment date.
- Join an organization truly committed to service and quality patient care.
- This practice has 23 clinics and 100 providers (Physicians, Dentists, PAs and NPs).
- Employed position with full benefits, and excellent organizational leadership.
- Malpractice for all employed providers is covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for professional liability arising from acts/omissions within the company scope. FTCA coverage is equivalent to occurrence basis professional liability with no limit.
- PTO is 200 hours (25 days), and CME is 2 weeks off with $2,000 stipend.
- 7 designated paid holidays (New Year?s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Day after, Christmas Day). Also up to 3 days for Paid Bereavement Leave, up to 2 weeks for Paid Duty/Witness Subpoena, and up to 2 weeks Paid Military Leave.