The Director of Urban Management will oversee an assigned group of on-site General Managers and work with them to deliver satisfactory service to the client and demonstrate the Company's support for the relationship with the manager and client. Additionally, the Director of Urban Management oversees the Regional Manager responsible for oversight of the Division's portfolio management team. This individual will work directly with the Vice President to identify and develop new opportunities for both client and service growth within the Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Personnel and Property Supervision
- Maintain working relationship with all assigned General Managers to ensure continuity with Action contractual deliverables, use of systems, procedures and established practices as it relates to the community
- Develop and maintain relationships with client board members. Attend board meetings to demonstrate upper layers of management to ensure client retention
- Act as intermediary with owners/residents when there are complaints that have not been successfully resolved by the manager
- Support and mentor Regional Manager -- Urban responsible for oversight of portfolio management team to provide excellent service and efficiency
- Support and mentor Regional Engineering Manager and Action Maintenance Services program
- Assist General Managers in effectively managing the needs of the board and association, long term planning, budgeting, etc.
- Provide training, mentoring and resource information to the General Manager. Act as liaison with various departments/department heads as needed
- Fill in during absences of General Manager caused by illness, vacation, transition or any other vacancy
- Perform General Manager performance evaluations and coaching
Urban Division Initiatives/Programs
- With support and collaboration from Vice President and team, the Director holds primary responsibility for planning the content for Continuing Manager Education programs for General and Community Managers
- Assist with developing forms, manuals and best practices
- Assist with implementation of new programs and procedures
- Assist Human Resources in recruiting and selecting qualified candidates for various positions within the Division and developing job descriptions as necessary
- Conduct Board Leadership Seminars for SF communities
- Assist with business development and marketing presentations for high rise communities
- Act as one of primary points of contact for communication and execution of operational consulting for developer clients
- Assist in development, planning and execution of all General Manager transitions
- Assist with the initial set up of new communities
- Document and budget review
- Assist with documents transitions from prior management company
- Work with HR on recruiting and orientation of on-site staff
- Train all on-site staff, coordinating with IT and Hospitality.
- 5 + years of experience as a high rise General Manager or as a Supervisor within the HOA management field.
- New development set up experience is a plus
- High end clientele and luxury building management experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have CACM or CAI credential