DIRECTOR OF UNIFORMS & PROCUREMENT in LAS VEGAS, NV atWYNN CAREERS
Date Posted: 4/5/2019APPLYNot Ready To Apply?
- Employee Type:
Las Vegas, NV
- Job Type:
Hospitality - Hotel
- Date Posted:
Wynn Resorts is the recipient of more Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world. Wynn Las Vegas opened on April 28, 2005 and was once again named the best resort in Nevada on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 “Gold List,” a title received for the tenth time. Wynn and Encore Las Vegas feature two luxury hotel towers with a total of 4,750 spacious hotel rooms, suites and villas, approximately 192,000 square feet of casino space, 21 dining experiences featuring signature chefs and 11 bars, two award-winning spas, approximately 290,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, approximately 103,000 square feet of retail space as well as three nightclubs, a beach club and recreation and leisure facilities. In addition to two luxury retail esplanades, a Strip-front expansion, Wynn Plaza, is currently under construction and is scheduled to be completed by the third quarter of 2018
The Director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the department to ensure Wynn Las Vegas standards are maintained by the staff. This position is also responsible for providing leadership to enhance employee engagement and guest satisfaction.
- Oversees daily operations in the Uniform Operations and Procurement Department.
- Responsible for maintaining the Wynn standards of service to guests and coworkers at all times.
- Ensures the Wynn standards of cleanliness and appearance for all areas.
- Maintains a safe and pristine work environment at all times.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Knows and adheres to Wynn policies and procedures, embrace company culture and take pride in the resort and amenities.
- Understands and well versed in the resort, hotel features and services including all outlets, hours of operation, activities and events available to guests.
- Attends required training classes and incorporates knowledge gained into daily workpractices.
- Look for opportunities to assist peers, guests, other departments or leaders at all times.
- Solution oriented, avoiding conflict and gossip, stays on task and promotes teamwork.
- Awareness of guest experience at all times, smiles and makes eye contact, communicates professionally.
- Responsible for managing all levels of staff including Assistant Managers and linelevel positions.
- Responsible for effectively managing many personality types. Implements a calm environment when under pressure.
- Responsible for providing support to the Hotel Division Executive Vice President.
- Responsible for financial planning, forecast, labor, and payroll for areas of responsibility.
- Be an active member of the Hotel Division management team.
- Provides clear direction, establishes goals and appropriate time frames, manages overall guest satisfaction, and monitors progress to achieve desired results.
- Must focus on key drivers of employee engagement and guest satisfaction.
- Consults regularly with all levels of management within the company to provide constructive feedback to other departments to help enhance the guest experience.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to maintain the highest level of guest service standards.
- Responsible for all hiring practices within the department. Must have the ability tointerview and select excellent staff to create an exceptional service culture.
- Ensures staff is equipped with all tools to serve the guests’ needs.
- Must be able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest issues.
- Responsible for training, conducting employee performance evaluations, and overall development of all staff.
- Responsible for all inventory, equipment, administrative supplies and any necessary items within the uniform department.
- Must maintain a complete knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness of all areas of the uniform department.
- Overall responsibility for employee payroll, vacation and other benefits tracking, and maintenance of applicable licenses and work cards.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience.
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Candidate should possess feedback skills at all levels; push back, challenge statusquo in and out of the office and strong motivational feedback.
- Must have problem negotiation, problem solving & decision making skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work proficiently with deadlines and disciplined to work without constant guidance and supervision.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and create reports upon request.
- Must be available to work all shifts and be able to flex schedule based onbusiness demands.
- Candidate must be able to work efficiently within a team venvironment.
- Must be able to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must possess a positive, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Candidate must be well groomed and professional.
- Must have an open mind and willingness to learn new processes, concepts, and ways of approaching analysis.
- Must have strong customer service skills. Ability to deal with problems involving guests and operational issues while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Candidate must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding guests and staff.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be able to satisfactorily communicate English with guests, management, and other associates to their understanThis position is also responsible for providing leadership to enhance employee engagement and guest satisfaction.