Director of Underwriting – Personal Lines
Our client is an A+ rated company, is rapidly expanding their footprint throughout the US. They are currently seeking a Personal Lines Underwriting Director. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you!
The new Personal Lines Underwriting Unit is a fast-paced, service-oriented, and production driven department. As the head of the department, you will be tasked with the growth of the teams, building an underwriting operation that is seamless and meets service levels for new business, endorsements and renewals. You will also be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You will also be responsible for high level referrals and building the training capabilities to continue to grow in house talent.
- The position will report to the SVP of Personal Lines and is responsible for the day to day operations of the Personal Lines Underwriting Team(s).
- Supervision and oversight of teams to include production, quality, and training for both new Underwriting Analysts and existing staff.
- Management of workflow and Service Levels
- Develop staffing plans and review work process for team optimization
- Build proper staff for our exponential growth
- Responding to any escalated customer calls
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear goals for each team
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Underwrite referral accounts
- Assist in underwriting guidelines and implementation
- Excellent PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Prior Property & Casualty Personal Lines Insurance experience
- Prior Supervisory experience