Manage the day-to-day activities of the Oxford Life treasury department including treasury operations, cash management, and accounts payable.
- Oversee cash management initiatives, bank relationships, and day-to-day treasury operations.
- Maintain, cultivate, and help negotiate banking relationships.
- Oversee daily cash management allocation and short term investments. Develop and implement cash management operational strategies.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of cash receipts and disbursements, including DTCC transactional activity.
- Supervise Accounts payable insuring efficient handling of cash disbursements and distribution for all customer needs. Recommend and enforce compliance to corporate cash controls and disbursement authority.
- Confirm the monthly accounting of cash and activity, including review of transactional entry into the general ledger and preparation of related schedules for public and internal management reporting.
- Oversee the monthly reconciliation of bank concentration and other assigned accounts.
- Help develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets, and minimize costs.
- Assesses the products, services, technologies and systems that are available and appropriate for the Treasury department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Regulatory changes including NACHA, FINCEN, AML, and the US Patriot Act, ensuring the company is compliant with rules impacting cash transfers, financial transactions, and banking guidelines.
- Continually strive to provide the highest level of customer service and communication, emphasizing automation through workflow and efficient use of technology.
- Create a high performing team and positive atmosphere with managerial leadership, technical training, motivation, evaluation, and discipline.
- Work with external and internal auditors on supporting information requirements.
- Serves as contact for the treasury department in terms of cross departmental projects as needed. Be an active “financial educator” and “team player” in the company.
- Assume additional managerial duties as appropriate to the position or as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years’ experience with preferential experience in financial services, particularly the insurance industry.
- Previous management oversight of Treasury type functions and Regulatory compliance.
- Strong knowledge of risk management and history of management or coordination of Banking relationships.
- Managerial experience with strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency/understanding of treasury banking systems and financial software packages; i.e., JPMorgan Access, SAP General Ledger & Accounts Payables, Microsoft Office Products, etc.