The Director of Transportation is responsible for the Transportation Department at the Division. The Director is responsible for developing and fostering an environment that supports our core values – Safety, winning with the best People, Integrity, embracing Change and collaborating to achieve Exceptional Results. This includes applying leadership skills and principles to engage our Transportation team, put safety first in everything we do, hold the team accountable to achieve operational and financial goals, and ensure compliance with all Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier regulations.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years related management experience with previous experience in operations and transportation.
• Demonstrated ability to drive engagement at all levels
• Strong communication skills, including verbal, listening and written
• Demonstrated proficiency with technology based routing and electronic logging systems.
• Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issue resolution and general customer satisfaction
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
• Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of multi-tasking.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Foodservice distribution.
• College degree.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Directly and indirectly supervise the transportation staff and drivers.
Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
Manage operations policies and standards, including safety procedures for the handling of goods.
Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
Direct investigations of all accidents, and recommends corrective actions.
Ensures compliance with transportation related administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
A thorough understanding of DOT regulations, promote safety initiatives, with the ability to implement change.