The Director of Transportation Operations leads all phases of operations, staffing, planning, and customer satisfaction for the location. This position oversees a team of professionals who oversee day to day food, retail and transportation operations at Denali National Park, Alaska.
- Monitor and manage all operational functions including budgets, forecasts, expenses and supplies.
- Direct and coordinate all operational and support functions associated with vehicle interpretive tours and vehicles maintenance within Denali National Park.
- Manage $25 Million tour operation, 100 bus fleet operation & 300 personnel.
- Develop, implement, support and monitor programs and training to insure productivity standards, safety and environmental standards, company policies and procedures are met.
- Ensure that systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development are in accordance with Aramark Operational Excellence platforms.
- Oversee the driver Safety and Training Program including ensuring that monthly safety meetings are conducted, participating in Safety and Communications Meetings and all other scheduled Safety Meetings.
- Responsible for period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Responsible for alcohol service compliance at the location.
- Ensure that all required employees are TIPS and Servsafe trained and certified.
- Responsible for daily interaction with the client and client's customers and/or employees. Ensure that all efforts are focused upon exceeding each and every guest’s expectations.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to determine guest satisfaction.
- Resolve guest concerns, including, but not limited to, customer comments and letters.
- Able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Approve all requisitions for supplies, equipment and personnel for the location.
- Develop and implement hiring and training programs to ensure all positions are adequately staffed with trained personnel.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings. Meet regularly with staff to coordinate activities, assign and check work, resolve problems, etc.
- Lead areas of recruiting, hiring, coaching, discipline, promotions and evaluations of personnel.
- Recognize outstanding employees and assist in providing incentives for improvements in standards and sales.
- Monitor the physical condition of all facilities and equipment in all areas to ensure that required maintenance is performed.
- Oversee the condition of the grounds and all public areas.
- Manage the location’s Environmental Management System and ISO Certifications
- Ensure DOT compliance for all drivers and vehicles
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to the Alaska District Manager. Strong background in transportation, retail and/or food management experience preferred. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services; entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential for success in this role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing, and providing leadership direction in transportation management.
- Minimum 5 years’ of supervisory experience over a diverse skilled workforce.
- Working knowledge of DOT rules, regulations and record keeping.
- Strong experience and demonstrated knowledge in logistics organization with a demonstrated ability to prioritize needs and demands.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office programs.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in financial controls and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- The ability to manage and analyze a variety of problems including technical and guest service issues is essential.
- Superior organizational, time management and communication skills required.
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be computer literate with ability to learn basic hospitality systems; Springer Miller Host, Micros system, Retail Pro.
- Must be proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Must be willing to work long hours, rotational shifts, weekends, holidays and have rotational days off.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is required.
- Ability to manage and maintain inventory/cost controls is required.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers and other Company personnel. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, guests or employees.
- Very good knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and procedures. Ability to interpret and apply safety rules, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals.