Reporting to the Vice President of Learning & Development, the Director of Training & Sales Enablement will direct the design, planning, and implementation of all employee-facing training and enablement programs aligned with company objectives and strategies. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge in training methodologies, curriculum development, training facilitation, and onboarding, both generally and specifically to sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a world-class training and sales enablement strategy, including the development and measurement of programs rooted in a competency-based learning model. This includes creating curriculum for teams and individuals at different levels, determining the best training delivery methods, and assessing effectiveness of programs as it relates to productivity and individual KPI performance.
- Utilize a data-driven and performance-driven approach to effectively quantify learning by determining success metrics and connecting training to overall job and performance.
- In coordination with product and marketing teams, create "point-in-time" trainings to quickly enable prospect and customer facing teams for readiness on product launches.
- Oversee new hire orientation and onboarding for all departments, including the creation of individualized schedules, hour-by-hour training classes, and assessment techniques to ensure rapid learning and job readiness.
- Oversee internal professional and leadership development programs, including annual leadership and management academies and in-person/online professional development course offerings.
- Plan and implement large-scale employee training events, including sales kickoffs, launch events, and competitions to support learning and development needs of employees.
- Determine and apply assessment instruments to measure learner progress and development.
- Perform a wide variety of professional tasks, which demand a high level of creativity and imagination, as well as a thorough knowledge of the applicable needs and expectations of employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, Human Resources, or related field. Preference will be given to candidates with an earned MBA or graduate degree in Education.
- 8+ professional experience in sales, customer success, or account management with 4+ of those years focused on sales training and enablement.
- Previous success at owning training programs end to end, including developing curriculum and content in a competency-based learning model.
- Experience creating and leveraging reports, analyzing data, and building feedback loops to increase efficiency and process improvement.
- Excellent knowledge of training and enablement models and theoretical constructs.
- Experience with learning management software and eLearning authoring tools.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is required. Preference given to candidates with previous experience/certification on either DiscoverOrg or ZoomInfo platforms.
- Prior experience managing teams with a preference given to experience managing teams in multiple locations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as proficiency with Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent presentation skills.