Job Location : Sylmar, CA
Salary : Open
Title : Director of Training & Development
Reports To : Vice President of Human Resources
Mandatory : Bilingual - Spanish & Managed 2 people
Preferred : Retail Exp
The Director of Training & Development will be responsible for all activities pertaining to the leadership training, team member engagement and improving the productivity of the organizations team members; Develop, supervise, and conduct training programs for management and team members that will successfully develop leadership skills, improve team member engagement, and enhance quality of delivering extraordinary customer service. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies to meet company-wide training needs.
- Develop and implement internal systems and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness, consistency and quality of training program development and delivery.
- Formulates teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference workshops.
- Work closely with Corporate Leadership Team to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Organizes or participates in performance leadership improvement meetings.
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Maintain trainee records.
- Facilitates night classes as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Supervises a team of corporate trainers, LMS Administrator and Customer Service Satisfaction Specialist.
- Responsible for all aspects of LMS system functionality and curriculum approved for Our team members.
- Develops & delivers presentations, stand up training, or instruction to staff and management.
- Provide “Train the Trainer” courses for store and corporate training staff.
- Sets goals, establishes priorities, manages resources, develops concepts and approaches, reviews projects progress and results; makes recommendations & decisions appropriately.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Works with Marketing Department to coordinate educational campaigns and programs for Our Team Members.
- Works with Marketing Department to promote volunteerism for Our Team Members and Partners, to create community involvement.
- Works with Marketing Department to develop customer surveys and mystery shopper programs, to provide recommendations for Continuance Improvement.
- Develops engagement surveys for various levels of Team Members and provides recommendations to management to support Continuance Improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills Requirement / Ability To:
- Identify developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Experience with Learning Management System
- Makes decisions or solves problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions.
- Assesses organizational training needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, verbally & in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
- Speak before a group of people.
- Facilitate or lead meetings, teams, or work groups to encourage participation, build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among participants.
- Excellent customer relations skills; deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to organize work and follow up on tasks.
- Strong computer skills Excel, Word, email
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills, and any media or technology to deliver learning experience.
RequiredEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Five years of experience.
This position requires up to 25% travel.