The Director of Total Rewards will be responsible for defining an overall strategy and vision for the global payroll function, supporting all US & International company locations.
- Develop a total rewards strategy by researching best practices and trends and perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness, and perceived value of existing compensation and benefits programs.
- Present findings and creative solutions to key stakeholders. Develop and implement effective processes focused on improving employee experience and engagement. Provide leadership for managing and enhancing reward-related policies, processes, practices, and tools.
- Oversee the management and development of benefits and compensation programs; effectively balances between control of costs and attracting and retaining key talent. Ensure collaboration between Total Rewards with other internal stakeholders in planning, design and delivery of new programs or program changes.
- Partner with the CHRO to develop, execute, and communicate key benefits and compensation programs.
- Support the strategic development and management of the company's compensation programs.
- Direct the design, implementation, and communication of all compensation plans and policies. Provide leadership and direction while ensuring the deployment of compensation programs and alignment with the company's business goals, initiatives, and budget guidelines. Ensure that compensation programs are market competitive, aligned with our culture and business goals, consistently administered, and in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Lead and facilitate the internal job evaluation and the career mapping processes. Work closely with Business Leadership and HR to manage, consult and resolve compensation issues. Review, refine, and enhance compensation programs including the design, planning, forecasting, and modeling on a regular basis. Lead the regional governance of compensation-related activities.
- Assist in any M&A activities as requested.
- Support the strategic design and delivery of regional benefit programs including Medical Benefits, Retirement Benefits (excludes DB pension plan and post-retirement health benefits), Wellness, and Leave & Absence Management.
- Design, maintain, and update as needed a benefits strategy that is fully aligned with the objectives of the company's business plan, is fiscally responsible, market competitive, and supports the attraction and retention of high-performing talent.
- Oversee the implementation of a benefits strategy and supporting programs in countries other than the U.S. to ensure alignment with the company’s total rewards strategy and local effectiveness in attracting desired talent in a fiscally responsible manner. Lead the governance of regional benefits-related programs.
- Lead Audits and all tax filings – must be extremely comfortable with local and international tax laws.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and reviews quarterly.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments and auditors.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- BA or BS in Business, Accounting or related discipline a must; Masters preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of compensation/benefit/payroll experience.
- Global benefits/compensation exposure is a plus.
- Experience designing and executing large-scale program changes.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce – implementation experience is a plus.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Office products, including PPT.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Self-motivated and follow projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
This is a direct-hire opportunity offering a competitive salary base and comprehensive benefits.