Director of Title IX Initiatives (Title IX Coordinator) - Division of Operations
Carnegie Mellon University is a highly selective global research university with more than 13,900 students, over 106,000 living alumni, and nearly 6,000 faculty and staff. Recognized for its extraordinary arts and technology programs, collaboration across disciplines, and creative leadership of education in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Public Policy & Information Systems, and Science, Carnegie Mellon is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States. With a main campus in Pittsburgh, the University also has campuses in Silicon Valley and in Qatar, and programs in Australia, Portugal, Rwanda and otherlocations throughout the world.
Carnegie Mellon University is searching for a Director of Title IX Initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. Reporting to the Vice President for Operations, a senior member of the President’s management team, you will have responsibility and oversight for the University’s Title IX compliance and obligations. Additionally, you will be charged with leading a sustainable staffing model to lead University Title IX initiatives, reinforcing the University’s dedication to the creation of a safe climate for all community members free from harassment and sexual violence, and assuring compliance with legal and policy obligations.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all Title IX complaints, investigations, and resolutions;
- Develop and deploy all training and education programs for faculty, staff, and students;
- Data collection, maintenance and trend analysis to include report tracking, campus climate surveys, and Clery compliance efforts;
- Policy and procedure development and active stewardship to ensure compliance with legal mandates and obligations;
- Develop and maintain communication strategies (web, print, media); and
- Coordinate initiatives with international campuses and locations.
You should have positive relationship building skills, a collaborative approach, and strong social skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards in handling sensitive and confidential information. Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Division of Operations. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners with a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Master’s degreerequired; advanced degree or Juris Doctorate preferred
- Five years of progressively responsibleexperience in a legal, student conduct, student affairs, human resources or similar field required.
- Experience working on compliance with Title IX regulatory requirements in a higher education environment is highly desired.
Review will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. Application materials including a letter of interest, resume or CV, and contact information for five references will be given top consideration.