$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
Graham Windham is one of the first organizations in the New York City to implement Solution – Based Casework. Solution – Based casework helps children and families to be the solution to the seemingly insurmountable problems in their lives, from generational cycles of poverty, abuse, and neglect to unemployment, domestic violence, and severe health problems. By recognizing and reinforcing their innate strengths and ability to cope, we at Graham Windham empower them to take the lead in making change in their lives.
About the Program
At Graham Windham our Family Foster Care programs help children to get back to their families, adopted into a new family or connected to someone who is willing to be an anchor for children, throughout their childhood and into adulthood. To help us do that, we have hundreds of loving & highly qualified foster parents primarily in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx and Westchester County- who serve as our foster children's substitute family. The Treatment Family Foster Care (TFFC) program extends this support along with additional services to children and youth with specialized emotional, mental health and/or other developmental needs.
About the Position
The Regional Director of Foster Care will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Treatment Family Foster Care Program and will successfully execute quality care and healing to Graham Windham's children and ensures that every one of the children is living in a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Using the Solution Based Casework approach, ensures that case planners are creating, with families, Family Agreements that are inclusive of their input; build on client strengths; that are realistic, culturally competent, provide meaningful assistance, and are in accordance with City, State and Federal Regulations.
• Monitors staff's assessment of parent's progress in achieving FLO and ILOs, making sure that staff are modifying the action plans throughout the life of the case.
• Monitors TPR progress; ASFA compliance, PPG assessment, discharge planning, achievement of PYA milestones, etc. Helps to prepare TPRs, ICPCs, surrenders, adoptions, custody arrangements, etc
• Ensures that foster parents and program staff are well trained and equipped to manage behavior using practice models implemented within the program (SBC, TST, PST, ABS)
• Effectively manages TFFC intake, responding to ACS/OPA in a reasonable timeframe to accept or decline referral packages; maintains good tracking system of responses to referrals.
• Assists case planners to help families or permanency resources develop Family and Individual Action plans to prevent further maltreatment. The supervisor works with planners to help families or permanency resources and the youth (if appropriate) ensure that the plans are Specific, Measurable, Accessible, Realistic and Time Oriented (SMART).
• Ensures that planners use Family and Individual Action Plans to monitor the progress of FLO and ILO achievement focusing on the family's progress towards creating a family life which does not threaten child safety.
• Ensures that progress is celebrated with families or the permanency resource and youth. When families or the permanency resource and youth are not making progress,
• Ensures that FASP reflects the Family Agreement
• Ensures appropriate record keeping:
o Reviews, approves and submits required documentation on time.
o Ensures that units are keeping CNNX and CMS data consistent and up to date
o Ensures that units are submitting STATs in a timely fashion
• Provides excellent program leadership through creating and maintaining a supportive working and learning environment.
o Effectively teach and coach staff
o Provides formal and informal supportive, programmatic and clinical supervision to supervisors; holds formal individual supervision at least bi-weekly (or more often when warranted/directed) and team meetings on a monthly basis.
o Evaluates staff performance, accurately assessing the strengths and developmental needs of team members. Plays an active role in staff's development and growth.
o Holds staff accountable for strong performance.
o Recruits, hires, and trains staff with assistance from agency administration
o Champions best practices adopted by ACS and Graham Windham
o Participates in Division's strategic planning, policy making and training curriculum development
o Represents the agency in public functions, in meetings and other forums with government and private funders
• Responds to child and family emergencies during and outside of scheduled work hours.
• Oversees the function of the office site including staff coverage, use of agency vehicles and other resources.
Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW/LMSW) or related field; Minimum five years' supervisory/management experience in a foster care setting; Understanding of and commitment to respecting cultural diversity; Understanding of and ability to navigate health, mental health, education, housing, MR/DD and other social service systems; Commitment to staff development; Computer literacy including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Connections required; Willingness to travel within the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and Westchester Co.; Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
Full-time position; salary commensurate with experience, in accordance with qualifications. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17