SolidEnergy Systems is looking for a Director of Technology to lead its electrolyte, anode and cathode reasearch group. This position requires a sophisticated understanding of electrochemistry, and surface chemistry as well as an ability to lead, mentor and teach both senior and junior technology staff. The leader in this role is expected to provide cross functional team support to the other company functions and while charged with new technology innovation and generation of intellectual property. A critical function for this role is to comprehend the effects of new technology developments at the cell level.
This position will report to Vice President, Product Development and will be based in Woburn, MA.
* Develop a technology roadmap that incorporates both performance and safety attributes;
* Enable near term product development and innovation through close teamwork with the Cell Engineering and manufacturing team functions and vendors as required;
* Work cross functionally to set goals for your team, enable their success and measure progress on a monthly basis and provide real time feedback on performance;
* Provide support on project planning for all activities and for communicating technical updates;
* Support product documentation creation and improvements;
* Provide competitive analysis on alternative technologies;
* Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned;
* Generate or identify intellectual property for both trade secret, patenting, licensing or publication.
* Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and committed to lean, commercially focussed processes;
* Travel to customers and partners as required to support manufacturing and products.
* 7+ years of managing diverse technology development groups in an entrepreneurial environment;
* Experience using project planning tools and strong familiarity with phase-gate processes;
* Strong technical background in material science/metallurgy, electrochemistry, and formulations;
* Demonstrated technical ability to create customer solutions;
* Demonstrated ability to create intellectual property;
* Presentation skills;