Director of Technology Support Services
This is a senior-level position with overall responsibility for planning, managing, and directing the technology, communications, and information systems of the firm. Directs the planning, budgeting, and implementation; reviews new products and systems; oversees the monitoring and maintenance of the network, hardware, telecommunications, email, and desktop infrastructure; oversees information development and support, including systems and hardware, applications, user support, records, and document processing; and is responsible for all exempt and nonexempt personnel directly engaged in these activities. This position is additionally responsible for the day-to-day issues and strategic leadership of information services and technology- related operations in a 60 attorney law firm.
Duties and responsibilities
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- ? Assists the COO/CFO in developing short and long-term IT goals and plans.
- ? Monitors effectiveness of existing systems. Provides recommendations to Management for improved operations, systems, and updated hardware.
- ? Keeps current on new advances in technology-related hardware and software, including those specific to the legal industry.
- Assists in developing new services that provide efficiencies for the firm, its attorneys and staff.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating and modifying to desired firm outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Ensures that systems operations are performed in accordance with evolving industry trends, established standards, SLA?s, policies, regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Oversees optimal operation of the IT Infrastructure, including both hardware and software and provides recommendations to the COO/CFO, Management Committee, and end users regarding pertinent IT infrastructure issues and activities when needed.
- Maintains/Oversees IT infrastructureasset management and monitoring, including maintenance of component inventory, lifecycle management and related documentation.
- Controls the budgets for system hardware and software, hardware maintenance, and technical supporteducation and training.
- Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures and modifies system operations as needed.
- ? Coaching, counseling, mentoring, and performance management of IT Staff, including identifying needs of the department and firm.
- Manages relationships and conducts vendor due diligence annually on IT related service agreements.
Education Skills & Qualifications
? Bachelor?s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
? Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in an information technology environment, preferably in a law firm.
? Ability to think strategically to identify current IT related issues and provide solutions to increase effectiveness.
? Exemplary technical and business assessment skills to evaluate strategic value of technology systems, data solutions and work processes to serve attorneys and employees.
? Work and communicate with a wide range of people ? peers, vendors, the public, staff members including firm leadership, and others.
? Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
? Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
? Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
? Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
? Professionally represents Frantz Ward in contacts with business and trade professionals.
? Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
? Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
? Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows.
? May require database management skills with ability to produce reports.
? Training ability/experience a plus.
? Demonstrated experience with desktop, notebook, handheld, and server computer technology and applications.
? Familiarity directing the use of electronic technology to improve the storage, retrieval, and use of information in a large organization, preferably a law firm.
? Experience with firewalls, routers, switches, access points and VPN solutions a plus.
? Willingness to work flexible hours.
? Work requires ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain.