As the Technology Director in Peru you will set the vision, guide architecture and enable a team of talented software developers to make a lasting impact on Scotiabank’s digital footprint to bring industry-leading products to market through agile practices.
What you'll do
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge;
- Oversee the design, development and deployment of highly scalable technology applications that span mobile, web and back-end solutions with a broad library of languages and systems.
- Work directly with local technology and business leaders and teams to help to shape the future of banking by communicating the vision and scoping product development efforts.
- Guide technology choices, including architecture and integration decisions, and enable a high velocity engineering environment.
- Build a high performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy, and managing succession and development planning for the team.
You’ll report directly to the Senior Vice President of DigitalBanking in Peru and lead a team of 20Developers (Front-End, Back-End, Mobile), DevOps and Security professionals as well as 30+ vendors in software development and testing.
What you need to succeed in this role
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Passion for driving engineering teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Proven experience and knowledge of a range of moderntechnologies and frameworks including Front-End (Angular JS, React JS, Node JS, HTML 5, CSS), Back-End (Java 8, Spring Framework), Mobile Platforms (Android, iOS, Swift), Software architecture (event driven, serverless, micro services) and app design/ programming.
- Expert knowledge of design / development principles for highly scalable, technology applications and software.
- Expert knowledge in modernagile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments.
- knowledge of full stack developments and a demonstrated willingness and aptitude for picking new things up quickly
- Extensive experience with automation, deployment and testing practices at scale (Jenkins, SonarQube, ArtiFactory, Git)
- Experience working on Cloud Computing (AWS, MS Azure, IBM Soft Layer, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Knowledge on Cyber Security concepts (OWASP, ethical hacking and related tools)
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively to non-technical audience
It would be cool if you were:
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on the world
- Experienced in user centered design
- Active in the startup, agile and tech scene
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Excited about committing a significant chunk of your daily activities to innovation projects with your peers