Plans, directs and manages one or more major functions and/or programs within the technology organization to ensure its effective operation in line with goals and objectives. Provides leadership across cross-functional teams. Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, manage, and oversee projects, initiatives, and daily operations related to: assessing business and technology processes and functional needs for the enterprise; designing and implementing the optimal mix of system components to support the functional needs; managing the system development/enhancement lifecycle ' from business and systems requirements analysis through development; testing, quality assurance, post-deployment support, managing a portfolio of internal controls around business processes, systems, and data
- Lead, and oversee the project management lifecycle from conception through completion that includes assessing business requirements, scoping and planning projects and initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting project status, managing deliverables, and assessing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s).
- Researches and selects vendors regarding the development of technical solutions, as needed, in conjunction with executive management.
- Reports to executive management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams and report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Cloud Engineering Compute/Storage/Network/Platform/Architecture
- Proven track record of supporting or standing up new services in the infrastructure, shared services, API, container, and platform areas
- Application and Platform Deployment architecture ensuring Resiliency, High Availability, and Security related Non-Functional requirements are met
- Data Center Transformation and upgrade
- Technical knowledge of Public, Private, SaaS, PaaS, Virtual Private Clouds, Data Centers and Infrastructure, Data, Security, Application and Platform Architecture
- Exceptional experience influencing, collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly matrixed organization