The mission of Epiq’s Business Process Solutions (BPS) Technology Team is to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service to Epiq’s BPS clients and internal stakeholders through the design, development, deployment and management of technology that enables world-class outsourcing solutions.
The Director of Technology is a key leader in Epiq’s Business Process Solutions business. The Director’s primary responsibility is driving execution toward achieving the technology mission, enabling Epiq solutions with best of breed technology and continually evolving those offerings as new technologies and market challenges emerge. The role spans strategic and tactical responsibilities from product market positioning, competitive intelligence, product roadmap alignment with business strategy, to design, features and market launch details. This position frequently interacts with a combination of business stakeholders, market influencers/clients and software development, requires strong communication and facilitation skills, thereby making a strategic vision come to life in the markets we serve.
The Director of Technology serves as the primary subject matter expert on legal technology in general, and technology related to Epiq service delivery specifically.
Supported by his/her team, the Director develops and executes strategic plans for continually improving the integration of technology into Business Process Solutions service offerings, oversees channel and application management, help desk, and technology solution architecture and delivery.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develops and executes strategic plans for establishing and maintaining “best of breed” technology and partnerships, and for integrating technologies into BPS service offerings
- Own delivery of the product vision and roadmap in close alignment with the business strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders, market influencers & clients. Identify unmet market needs and provide outside-in market perspective to drive strategic product direction in alignment with business strategy
- Has and can articulate a clear roadmap for ongoing innovation and infusion of technology into BPS offerings
- Maintains a broad and deep understanding of corporate and legal technology trends
- Conduct market analysis and inform the business of what’s hot, provide competitive analysis and identify direct and adjacent business and market opportunities
- Has an established network of peers in the legal industry and is abreast of business trends in the legal industry
- Work closely with business and project team to prioritize requirements, while managing scope and executing product delivery
- Lead product release and launch activities, communications and adaptation
- Team with business stakeholders, project and product development resources on establishing and communicating priorities, managing conflict and taking a solution-focused approach to move the product forward.
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise in support of sales (RFPs, presentations, etc.)
- Persuasive, creative, and charismatic
- Tenacious, results-oriented
- Proven people manager
- Strong and deep technical expertise
- Strong analytical and business decision skills
- Excellent business writing and speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team and customer service oriented
- Substantial knowledge of the legal vertical
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, as needed
- Willing and able to travel domestically, possibly internationally, as required
- Minimum of 7 years professional-level work experience, preferably in legal technology and/or legal process outsourcing
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience
- Demonstrated product management experience bringing enterprise software products from vison, feature definition and value purpose to market or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to effortlessly and actively communicate with clients, business and technical stakeholders and resources
- Experience managing remote employees
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a business management or related field) or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of corporate/law firm IT environments including networking, storage and applications