Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Uline for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our IT department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in IT operations, managing uptime and delivering world-class desktop and end-user service, Uline is the company for you.
Director of Technical Support Services
Uline seeks a Director of Technical Support Services at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of all functions within the desktop services platform including end user computing, help desktop, and service management.
- Manage a team of internal professionals and external service providers that are responsible for consistent operational support and availability.
- Oversee the preparation and effective management of the annual operating budget.
- Continually review operational performance to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Recruit, train and develop a superior staff. Train staff in the use of industry best practices, established engineering methodologies and documented procedures.
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress.
- Manage problem management processes to identify and proactively remediate incident trends.
- Set, maintain, and improve alerting and monitoring of all systems, applications and critical infrastructure.
- Assess performance, develop improvement plans, and implement solutions to drive continuous improvement for desktop services.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or computer-related discipline. Master's degreedesirable.
- 20+ years of information technology work experience.
- 10+ years of IT team leadership experience, including the direct leadership of infrastructureengineering and support teams.
- Proven track record of leading technology management through all life-cycle phases in accordance with established directions and standards.
- Strong background in all elements of relevant infrastructuretechnologies.
- Strong executive presence, presentation skills and business acumen.
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention.
- Excellent technical and nontechnical communication skills, both written and formal with proven ability across all levels, both inside and outside the company.
- Strong customer service focus and experienceworking with end users.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Uline is a drug-free workplace