The Director of Technical Support will be a hands-on manager, responsible for driving and managing the global service activities at customer sites directly and through agents and distributors. The candidate must lead a group of highly technical personnel to install, maintain, document, and troubleshoot issues on complex metrology systems used in semiconductor production fabs. The ideal candidate must manage the technical support personnel, while also possessing the technical acumen to understand the system theory of operation in order to drive problem resolutions. This position reports to VP of Sales and Service.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software, and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Materials Metrology Division team:
- Our MMD team has a collaborative and familial like environment, and we pride ourselves on our innovativeness..
What will you do as a Director of Technical Support?
- Support Regions and when necessary directly drive customer satisfaction
- Manage the Technical Support Team
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication internally and externally to provide the appropriate support the customer requires
- Ensure Field Service Engineers (FSEs) and agents and distributors are current with the latest products and/or upgrades
- Recruit, hire, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure provision of world class Field Service support directly or indirectly
- Develop strategies and tactics for supporting systems at customer sites worldwide
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure team meets installation, uptime, support and preventative maintenance metrics
- Down Systems Escalation: Technically lead the team to resolve field issues and drive escalations to closure in accordance with customer expectations and in a cost-effective manner
- Training: Drive the development of training course curriculum. Schedule and manage training classes and slots for classes
- ISO for Service: Support development of procedures and compliance with no nonconformities found during audits
- Price Quotations: Complex price quotations, generate new parts, coordination/approval of pricing
- Documentation: Develop BKM’s, FSB’s, and all systems documentation in coordination with operations and Engineering
- Interfaces: Sales and Service at HQ and Regions, Operations (Material Planners, Export, Shipping Dept.), Finance Controller, Marketing and Business Management
- Salesforce: Drive weekly meetings with key region’s to get Service Business Salesforce forecast accurate
- Reports: Regular reports on uptime, installation tracking, long downs, weekly revenues
- Budgeting: Develop department budget and manage expenses within plan, while continuing to meet customer expectations
- PLC: Participation in the Product Life Cycle process to ensure new products are developed with service and reliability requirements in mind. Provide feedback to Engineering on product reliability improvements
- Ability to work with all departments in the company and with distributors and customers.
- Critical thinking capability to solve complex problems
- Detail oriented and organized
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in Technical Support or Field Service Leadership with a positive track record in Semiconductor Capital equipment
- BS Degree in a Related Technical Field (Chemical, Physics, Electronic) or equivalent; or equivalent experience
- Excellent English skills are a must
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!