The Director, Technical Product Management is responsible for leading, defining, developing, organizing, and prioritizing the feature/functionality to fulfill the strategic product roadmap and its revenue goals. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for ensuring continuous innovation of the project to drive business value and will play a significant role in developing the strategic product roadmap and establishing its revenue goals. The successful candidate must: 1) thoroughly understand and anticipate market and client needs and measure how the product satisfies those needs, 2) be attuned to changes in technology and the competitive marketplace, 3) lead, motivate, and inspire teams to develop best-in-class product solutions that meet software development goals of usability, scalability, security, and reuse; and 4) be an excellent communicator within the software development team and with all stakeholders.
- Forms strategic role-based groups with stakeholders to ensure there is a high quality of User input
- Works directly with strategic groups of Clients to ensure understanding of and to anticipate their needs
- Elicits, writes, maintains, and ensures the accuracy and integrity of feature requests
- Researches market needs to understand and develop market needs assessment
- Evaluates strategic product roadmap against market needs assessment
- Researches competitors and aligns offerings to market needs assessment
- Evangelizes understanding of market needs and the strategic product roadmap
- Collaborates closely and continuously with the software development teams to manage the development initiatives, answer questions, and sign off on work results
- Establishes delivery dates of features using teams’ input and manages development resources to achieve date commitments
- Defines and continuously reinforces clear priorities, including product vision, client profile, departmental impact, business value and has the team deliver the highest value
- Provides support, encouragement, and recognition to the team through words and actions
- Ensures that the team has access to the necessary resources to complete each development effort
- Develops, tests, and implements product release plans and ensure post-release monitoring of products
- Able to mentor, interact, and ensure cross-team and cross-department cooperation
- Coach, counsel, and motivate to better develop resources assigned to them.
- Participate in hiring decisions for both the business and developers.
- Proven abilities to negotiate and plan product development priorities and direction
- Proven knowledge of marketing, sales, accounting, and financial practices
- Proven industry experience
- Proven communication and collaboration skills to bring together user groups, clients, and stakeholders to develop and achieve the product road map.
- Degree in business technology or related field preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in Product Management
- 3+ years Product Management experience in related markets such as Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Inventory, Scheduling, POS, EFT, or Credit Card Processing
- Expertise in gathering requirements and documenting user needs
- Experience in modeling requirements through User Stories and other means
- Expertise with agile estimating and planning
Physical Demands and Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; including air travel, operating a motor vehicle, and maintaining proper licenses
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands, reach, stoop, kneel or bend, talk, and hear
- Must be able to interface with a standard personal computer.
- Moderate to loud noise level
- Fast paced and positive
- Employee may be required to furnish mobile services and devices necessary to receive business communications on a continual basis; including voice, text, email, and ability to connect to ABC’s enterprise email server.