Job Description Summary
The Director of Global Engineering is responsible for delivering technical services to meet and enhance the client's objectives of assuring operational stability in the facilities environment. Services are delivered to a portfolio of locations in the Americas, European and APAC regions. Technical services will include managing the processes, programs and functions for engineering operations, mission critical operations, business continuity, risk management, regulatory compliance, sustainability, environmental health & safety and energy management.
Responsible to lead a highly functioning team which leverages client managed technology platforms and data driven analytics for integrated facilities management (IFM) strategy, solutions, and delivery of services. This role will evolve all services and programs into a predictive rather than reactive model. Expectations are to deliver value through strategic thinking, thought leadership, innovation and operational excellence to further advance a program unique to the integrated facilities management industry.
This role may be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Support the Account Director in delivery of responsibilities related to client portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with peer managers in Finance, Workplace Services and Project Management.
- Execute the management strategy outlined by the client and defined by the Director of Technical Services and C&W Center of Excellence Leads.
- Maintain oversight and delivery of Technical Services, Global Support Center, Environmental Occupancy Safety (EOS) and Energy & Sustainability managers, vendors and professional services in the implementation and compliance of policies, maintenance procedures, operational stability of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life/safety and energy management systems.
- Audit and assess the overall operation of systems under management including HVAC, electrical distribution, structural, vertical transportation, roofs, parking areas, drainage, ramps & approaches, irrigation and fire & life safety, water treatment, UPS and critical power distribution, standby power systems, BMS, HVAC controls and plumbing systems.
- Oversee the operation of the Global Support Center. Assure that staff under management work closely with Workplace teams in handling requests for service calls, focus on diagnostics, effectively evaluate requests and dispatch appropriate resources and contractors.
- Direct the completion of planned and ad-hoc preventive, predictive maintenance work assignments for all mission critical facilities.
- Organize, monitor and assess the performance of supervised staff. Assure that staffing aligns to agreed qualification and coverage levels.
- Execute staff and vendor training programs. Assure that programs are followed in accordance with curriculum, schedule, lesson plans and attendance records.
- Maintain records of the portfolio of assets under management. Leverage client furnished inventory management systems to create asset lists, maintain key data and update operating condition.
- Maintain site specific lifecycle programs that align to client's occupancy strategy. Identify replacement requirements and contribute to capital programs.
- Identify and maintain a spare parts strategy for equipment under management. Coordinate on-site inventory requirements based on vendor availability, lead-time and single points of failure.
- Assure that systems under management operate as designed, are efficiently utilized and managed within capacity limits.
- Assure that critical systems are maintained and operated to design failover, resiliency and capacity levels.
- Manage external vendors, contractors and consultants as required by the client. Follow agreed processes and procedures to procure contract services, define on-boarding requirements and maintain contracts.
- Assure that organization follows agreed processes for incident detection, escalation, control and remediation. Support the client's business continuity program.
- Maintain documentation of as-builts, operating manuals, maintenance, standard operating and emergency procedures. Where gaps exist, develop documentation in accordance to requirements outlined by the client and defined by platform and strategic leads.
- Assure that all required licenses, permits and certificates are maintained, available and current for the property, equipment and personnel. Ensure corrective actions are taken quickly and efficiently for any violations requiring repairs to building systems.
- Support all regulatory, internal and client audit requirements and targets. Remediate findings and maintain evidence of closed and accepted risks.
- Work with Finance and Workplace teams to create, maintain and coordinate operating and capital budget processes. Supervise the payables process and assure timely payment of services under management.
- Support the project management process. Collaborate with project teams to support the design, pre-purchase and bid phase, construction, commissioning and final delivery of projects to operating teams.
- Develop and plan critical infrastructure related capital projects, including but not limited to lifecycle replacements, new installations and major repairs.
- Monitor and report on performance against internal and external Service Level Agreements. Provide periodic reporting as required to meet service delivery requirements for the client.
- Partner with respective work streams (Workplace, Finance and Project Management) to enable decision support and key customer insights through web tracking metrics.
- Share successes and failures with C&W leadership team members as it relates to planning, executing, communicating, and receiving client feedback.
- Manage the Environmental and Occupational Safety function. Comply with OSHA, EPA and all other AHJ relating to program inspections, audits and reporting. Execute EOS related maintenance and testing requirements.
- Maintain regulatory safety training of staff with schedules and documentation.
- Develop and manage an environment dedicated to zero safety incidents related to projects, facilities & equipment under duty of care.
- Develop and maintain an energy sustainability program. Leverage systems for maximum efficiency, propose and implement energy projects. Report on savings and efficiency opportunities, consumption variances and alternative energy opportunities.
- Prepare PowerPoint packages or presentations for both internal and external reporting tracking
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.