The Director of Global Technical Operations is one of the key positions fully responsible for all operations and aspects of our Cloud Infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to, leading the team that manages day-to-day operations to secure 24x7 availability of our Cloud Infrastructure, full accountability for existing data centers (high availability, efforts, costs optimizations, etc.), and rollout of new data centers to support rapid business growth. This position must be based in our Tempe, Arizona office and will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering, Cloud Services.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the technical skills, knowledge, and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. This person must have exceptional resource management and prioritization skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization. We need someone who is hands-on, dependable, and committed. Someone who is results-orientated and can execute organizational goals with the utmost urgency and commitment. And just like every position at Acronis, this person should embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Direct accountability for high availability of Acronis cloud solutions.
- Taking over the work of managing Acronis data centers
- Develop, optimize processes to monitor and update software and hardware in Acronis Cloud Infrastructure
- Full responsibility for budget definition and optimization
- Rolling out new data centers – fully responsibility starting from defining of providers and budgeting
- Day-to-day cooperation with NOC, Security, Procurement, Support and R&D teams
- Leading, mentoring, developing teams located in USA and Europe (up to 20 engineers in the next 12 months)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- IT Manager with 5+ years of experience managing highly available solutions
- 5+ years of experience building and managing a team of 20-30 people
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams is a strong plus
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Customer-focused, detail oriented, and results oriented.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of datacenters infrastructure, networking (CCNA and above is a strong plus), ITIL principles
- Understanding how to architect and run highly available solutions (hardware redundancy, infrastructure redundancy, scalability, software redundancy, performance optimization, capacity planning, databases/web app tuning, etc…)
- Strong focus towards processes automation (DevOps/SRE approach) using one of the industrial solutions: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc..
- Understanding of cloud security principles (CISSP is a strong plus)
- Ability to travel international/domestic (up to 10% of the time)