Director of Technical Marketing and Competitive Intelligence
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyberthreats. The Taegis™ platform brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 350B threatevents per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about "what's next." We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
- Lead technical sales enablement for products and services, including development of product presentations, white papers, product/sales guides, technical briefs, product demo videos, and other tools.
- Work with PMs/PMMs to elevate and refine the technical merits/differentiators of products and services to showcase compelling use cases, workflows and real-world benefits for technical decision makers.
- Work with Sales/SEs to identify and fill gaps in the technical knowledge and sales tools needed to compete and win enterprise opportunities based on technical merits and overall solution value over the competition.
- Work with Bid and Proposals Team to build out a Proposal Resource Library to streamline RFx responses.
- Work with Channel Partners to deliver joint technical marketing material and field training events.
- Work with Technology Alliance Partners to deliver joint technical marketing material and field training events.
- Work with Threat Research to publicize and promote original Secureworks discoveries.
- Collaborate with Field and Channel Marketing organizations to create and execute compelling original technical marketing programs, serving as the face of the program as needed.
- Create original technical content for sales collateral, web properties and industry events.
- Create and execute written plans for the global launch of products and services.
- Research and maintain competitive intelligence and deep understanding of market and industry dynamics.
- Act as a spokesperson and present content at industry conferences, to press and analysts.
- Maintain lab systems and demo environments with standard demo tools/scripts for SEs and Partner SEs.
- Regular author of original blogs, webinars and articles for industry trade journals.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years' experience in product marketing or product management (5+ years in cybersecurity)
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in technical marketing
- Strong cross-functional team leadership skills with track record of ownership and accountability
- Excellent oral, written and presentation abilities, persuasive to senior management audiences
- Hands-on demo lab experience building and configuring products on physical and virtual infrastructure
- Experience marketing technical products and services across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of cybersecurity product categories, vendor products/services, and market dynamics
- MBA or Master's degree in a technical field
- Hands-on technical background with customer-facing experience doing product demonstrations
- Prior experience as a Product Manager, SE or Developer of technical products and services including cloud
- Experience with several of the following security technologies: Endpoint Protection (EPP), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Network Traffic Analytics (NTA), Network Detection and Response (NDR), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Extended Detection and Response (XDR), Incident Response (IR), Threat Intelligence (TI) or Vulnerability Management (VM)
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,national, social or ethnicorigin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnershipstatus, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status,or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.