Director of Technical Education and Communcations
Location: Madison, WI USLevel: Full timeCategory: Legal
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 8 million Americans save for the future. We have an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned professional to be responsible for strategic and tactical processes related to the development and delivery of technical education and communications. This involves, developing high quality programs and content to educate and inform internal and external clients, industry professionals and the public using a wide variety of formats. In additiona to internal education, this position, in coordination with other Ascensus business units, will advance the execution of Ascensus’ outreach strategy to industry organizations, financial advisors and plan sponsors to ensure that Ascensus as the preeminent source of education for retirement, health and welfare benefits, 529 plans and trust administration.
- Manage and direct the ERISA department’s educational programs, technical communications strategies and staff.
- Drive the creation of the business development plan, and coordinate with other business units and departments to identify education and communication opportunities in the marketplace and with industry related organizations to leverage Ascensus’ technical education and training content.
- Design, develop, and implement educational programs in a wide variety of formats including instructor-led, media-based training and written format.
- Manage the content and delivery of on-site, E-learning and webinar including scheduling, contracting, success metrics and closeout.
- Manage the content and delivery of technical communications including scheduling, contracting, success metrics and closeout.
- Utilize competitive analysis, subject matter experts to develop topics using current adult learning theory and use a variety of delivery methods to attain successful transfer of knowledge.
- Research industry trends and source innovative solutions that contribute to the growth and scalability of the business line.
- Continually monitor and evaluate existing programs to make recommendations for enhancements, revisions, and product sunsetting.
- Manage contracts for course development and delivery of face-to-face and technology based training product.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day today basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning & Development, Organization Development, Education, Communications, English, Journalism or related field and 10-15 years of progressive experience in training and development and/or communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional communication skills (impeccable writing and editing skills).
- Experience designing educational content using a variety of formats, incorporating adult learning principles, micro-learning and self-directed learning approaches.
- Strong knowledge in instructional design software such as Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Powtoon.
- Experience working with technical disciplines preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client-focused, high-value collaborative relationships with internal clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws