A Day in the life of a Director of Technical Accounting
Core Mission 80’s
- Own US GAAP technical accounting, including revenue recognition, business combinations, assets acquisitions, debt issuances, derivatives, internally developed software, etc., and analysis and communication of the effect of the adoption of new accounting standards (NRS. Leasing, etc.).
- Work closely with the financialreporting team to support the filing of quarterly and annual reports, other periodic reports to ensure appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with US GAAP disclosure rules and requirements.
- Ensure worldwide compliance with and proper application of US GAAP, including developing and leading policies, training and education drills on US GAAP accounting requirements.
- Manage/own components of the worldwide external audit process through analysis and compilation of information on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage technical accounting team to achieve group’s mission.
- Work effectively with the local & regional controllers and other accounting team.
- Special projects as assigned.
Core Mission 20’s
- Support the management and oversight of the annual internal audit compliance process, including providing 20 support on the development and implementation of drills intended to promote the operationalization of internal controls in compliance with the 80/20 principle.
- Support investor relations activities, such as the quarterly earnings release and earnings call, and ad hoc requests as requested.
- Assist with financial and operational due diligence on potential acquisitions, and assist with integration efforts for completed acquisitions.
- Provide 20 support on the worldwide monthly general ledger close and consolidation process as needed, including review of business unit financial information and other deliverables.
The Fine Print
- 15+ years of experience, public accounting background or experience in financialreporting or corporate accounting at an international publicly-traded company is preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing a diverse team
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA license a plus.
- Prior experience in tech industry is a plus
- Ability to be detail oriented. Strong interest in technical US GAAP, including a solid foundation in accounting analysis and ability to read and understand US GAAP guidance.
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment. Must be a self-starter with excellent time and project management skills. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and organized.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify areas of risk and inefficiency, and determine process improvement opportunities to address such risk and inefficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels within the Company.
- Proficiency with Citrix / Cognos financialreporting software is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is required.