Our client is a market leading global manufacturer of essential products, headquartered in Atlanta and a well respected company within the community. They wish to hire a Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting that will be a hands-on leader responsible for developing global accounting policies, implementation of new accounting standards, discussing accounting items that come up on a day to day basis, both of which require significant technical expertise and management.
Essential daily duties will include:
- Collaborate extensively with Corporate and Divisional Accounting leadership
- Lead the development of global accounting policies which would include original issuance and on-going updates as necessary
- Take ownership for maintaining, tracking, and resolving all open technical accounting questions/matters as they arise from various divisions
- Lead the research including planning for the adoption and implementation of new standards on a global basis as well as provide guidance to the Company on existing standards including coordination with segment and corporate personnel.
- Ability to research complex accounting issues including formulating positions and documenting conclusions regarding the financial reporting implications to the organization; present succinct analysis / summary to senior leadership the impacts of certain technical accounting analysis or implementation
- Prepare, and in certain cases review, technical memos for internal use as well as external auditors
- Prepare materials and lead divisional technical accounting training
- Prepare and review accounting memos for non-routine accounting entries
- Preparation to senior leadership of the impacts of certain technical accounting analysis or implementation
- Communicate with outside auditing firm on technical accounting issues and interim/year-end close, as needed
- Oversee and adhere to department policies to update and ensure quarterly and annual procedures are in compliance with required SOX control objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Public Accountingexperiencerequired
- Experience in technical accounting advisory functions of a big 4 firm preferred, however, candidates within the audit practice will also be considered
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience in technical research including developing and guiding other to develop well thought out accounting memos/position papers
- Lead and drive projects to completion be it specific to accounting standards update, or any special accounting projects.
- Hyperion Essbase/Excel Add-In experience is a plus