$200K — $250K *
The Director of Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting assists the Corporate Controller to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, federal and state tax returns and provisions, SEC regulatory requirements and internally established accounting policies and practices. This role analyzes and interprets new accounting standards as well as the identification and analysis of financial trends and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles and relevant regulations.
2. Assists the Corporate Controller with accounting analyses and problem solving including: tax returns and provision; month-end close; implementation of process improvements; purchase accounting implementation; and other higher level functions.
3. Directs the accuracy and timeliness of external financial reporting including external reporting in compliance with SEC regulations, including quarterly reports on 10-Q and annual reports on 10-K.
4. In addition to 10-K/10-Q, directs the accurate and timely reporting of all SEC filing requirements including 8-K and other required reports; including review of EDGAR and XBRL.
5. Research accounting topics and perform analyses to assess impact to the Bank, including the implementation of new accounting pronouncements. Make recommendations as necessary and appropriate.
6. Manages acquisition related accounting, including modeling, external reporting and purchase accounting adjustments.
7. Directs the quarterly investor presentation for use by CEO/CFO at investor conferences.
8. Directs the accounting and reporting relating to the Bank’s ESOP and 401K plans.
9. In conjunction with the Bank's external CPA firm, ensures timely and accurate filing of the Bank's income tax returns and the maintenance of supporting records.
10. Continuously evaluates existing processes for efficiency and enhancement opportunities to ensure quality results in a timely and accurate manner.
11. Assists the external auditors by facilitating their audit procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and tax concepts, practices, GAAP and compliance, SEC reporting along with very strong analytical and technical skills with superior aptitude for numbers.
• Working knowledge of operating and accounting systems in a financial services environment and knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures; experience working in Workiva is a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office with a working knowledge of automated financial software packages (general ledger) and standard office equipment.
• Reliable, dependable, and maintain a degree of flexibility.
• Ability to perform a variety of technical and analytical tasks on an independent basis.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting. CPA/CGMA is strongly desired.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. SEC experience (internal or external) is required.
Internal and External Contacts
• Internal contact with department and senior managers on accounting issues or information requests.
• External contacts are occasional, primarily with auditors, purchase accounting consultants, and other accounting vendors.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Valid through: 4/20/2021
$80K — $100K
4 days ago
$150K — $200K
2 days ago