11 - 15 years
Posted 38 days ago
COMPANY: My client is a fast-growing (9%/year), global, mid-sized designer, manufacturer and marketer of machinery and consumables with EBITDA margins in the low to mid 30 % range. The client is backed by a well-funded, highly-respected, private equity sponsor. Opportunities for organic and inorganic growth dictate the need to recruit a Director of Marketing, North America, to capitalize on these opportunities.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Director of Tax is responsible for all worldwide tax compliance and planning.
• Responsible for all areas of taxes which include federal, state & local income/franchise, sales and use, personal property and international inclusive of VAT taxes.
• Oversight of the tax returns for the Company's international subsidiaries by working with third party providers and international team members.
• Conduct and coordinate all taxaudits and other tax controversies involving US federal, state and local authorities and coordinate and assist as necessary all foreign taxaudits and other controversies.
• Perform Tax and GAAP (Tax related) technical research and draft the related technical memorandums.
• Responsible for accounting for income taxes in accordance with FAS 109/FIN 48 including all related analysis, support and required disclosures for annual reports.
• Responsible for transfer pricing and I/C management fee arrangements.
• Communicate with operating departments the tax issues corresponding to potential business decisions.
• Assist the CFO and Directors of Finance (US & Europe) in estimating and monitoring annual & projected cash taxes.
• Assist with annual budgets.
• Develop tax efficient international and domestic structures and identify other planning opportunities to reduce the overall effective tax rate, reduce cash taxes paid and remain flexible for efficient use of cash
• Assist from a tax perspective all refinancing, M&A or other significant business transactions
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Accounting.
• CPA certification is a plus.
• Approximately 10 or more years of experience in corporate and international taxation, either in public accounting or multinational corporation, or a combination of both. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment. Ability to manage and lead both employees and outside consultants. Responsible for hiring, development, reviewing etc. of professional staff of one. Ability to supervise, delegate and manage others with tax research and compliance issues.
• Strong Tax technical and research skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office program experience.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive base salary, participate in a bonus plan, and possibly future equity incentives.