The Tax Director, under the direction of the CFO, oversees the overall tax process and compliance of Clarus Corporation (i.e., Parent/Corporate), including the management, production, and analysis of all income tax provision calculations, income tax returns, income tax research and analysis, and all other tax compliance related processes. The Tax Director will work closely with the key internal and external customers noted above to ensure all statutory and global requirements are satisfied.
The Tax Director essential duties will be:
- Responsible to CFO for the overall tax compliance of the Company at the corporate and subsidiary levels, which includes multiple domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
- Oversees the preparation and accuracy of the Company’s income tax provision calculations, including related footnotes, on an annual and quarterly basis, which are to be prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC standards.
- Responsible and accountable to work with external tax service providers in the preparation, review, and filing of the Company’s Federal and State income tax returns in accordance with IRS and local requirements.Works closely with the CFO and foreign subsidiary finance personnel in ensuring foreign statutory requirements are properly satisfied.
- Responsible for assisting the CFO in performing various tax related research and analysis, which may need to be formally memorialized.
- Assist the M&A team in financial due diligence, related to taxes, and post acquisition integration compliance and support.
- Maintain and communicate any issues and concerns related to overall tax compliance of the Company.
- Actively engage in the analysis and research of current tax issues and potential impact on the Company as a whole.
- Own the overall tax processes and look for areas of improvement, risk mitigation, efficiencies, and overall compliance.
- Required: BS/BA in Accounting and CPA
- Preferred: MBA
- 4 + years in public accounting.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FAS 109/ASC 740 and IRS tax code.
- International experience is required.
Skills and general experience:
- The Tax Director is skilled at performing corporate tax accounting for a publicly traded company including strong experience in ASC 740 and income tax provision calculations, income tax return preparation, income tax research and analysis, and overall tax compliance. Must be a strong technical writer, a tenacious researcher, and have a proven track record in successfully managing the above mentioned internal and external relationships