Kemper Home Service Companies is seeking a Director of Talent Management - Field to work at our office in Maryland Heights. The Director, Talent Management - Field, will provide strategic and tactical support through planning, implementation, and delivery of an array of training to ensure the alignment and delivery of business results. The Director will design and administer management development programs, professional development, career growth planning, management and agent training seminars, executive training, and specialized training programs. The Director will align the programs with enterprise leadership competency and behavior models, in collaboration with Kemper Talent Management.
The Director role is a highly visible position that requires adaptability, interaction with all levels of employees, and management to address training and professional developmental needs.
This position is expected to serve as an effective training and development liaison for agency personnel, with special emphasis on developing relationships with the Regions and District offices.
• Manages the development of all training programs, materials and methodologies.
• Leads and supervises a team of Training Managers and Field Training staff.
• Analyzes business data to understand trends in the business and creates solutions.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with Sr. Leaders, Directors, and District Managers to help support and forecast training needs based on business strategy.
• Effectively applies knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory to the design and delivery methods of new learning programs.
• Utilizes multimedia technology, eLearning and electronic performance support as part of a blended learning approach. Evaluates vendor solutions.
• Administers all learning programs for agency commission staff and assigns training activities and resources.
• Creates and maintains accurate records on the progress and performance of training initiatives. Develops and manages metrics to established standards.
• Collaborates with Centers of Excellence and other training teams.
• BA in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience. MBA or other relevant advanced degree is desirable.
• 5 - 7 years of equivalent training, education or instructional design work experience required.
• 5 or more years of experience in a corporate business training design and delivery role.
• Experience managing a high performing team. Strong leadership, coaching and consulting skills required.
• Travel required, as needed (less than 25%).
• Computer Proficiency: MS Office Suite, eLearning Systems.
• Strong communication, organization and presentation skills.
• Insurance industry experience preferred but not required.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V