Director of Talent Development Sales & Marketing
What will I be doing*
As a Director, Talent Development - Sales & Marketing you would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our Spirit of Service culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
The Director, Talent Development - Sales & Marketing will optimize the effectiveness of learning & development initiatives, organizational design, individual and team performance, talent development, succession planning, and retention. The Director will be an experienced, but hands-on leader capable of providing strategic and tactical support for talent initiatives across our company. The Director will work with their HR business partner(s) to align the people, process, and policies with the values and culture in order to create a learning organization committed to continued organizational development while simultaneously driving business results.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Strategic Partnership & Consulting: Aligns Talent Development team in support of the company's strategic vision by collaborating with business partners to identify development opportunities and competency gaps. Engages with HRBP and business leaders on organizational transformation and aligning training processed to business goals. Demonstrates expert knowledge of learning solutions, coaching and performance management methodologies. Influences and supports changes in organizational behavior. Serves as an internal consultant to drive talent strategy including enhancing team dynamics. Regularly engages with senior leadership to inform status on projects and progress. Facilitates discussions and meetings geared at helping the business achieve its objectives. Proactively seeks out new vendors, programs, and products when applicable and provides recommendations on implementation. (35% of time)
2. Leadership Program Development & Delivery: Leads and supports leadership development across functions while integrating appropriate stakeholder involvement and company resources. Conducts needs assessments to design leadership development programs and tools which enhance performance and positively impact productivity. Serves as subject matter expert of learning curriculum in creating and delivering programs that are aligned with core values and leader success profile. Determines appropriate blend of learning approaches with web-based technologies in order to create and deliver best in class learning programs. Develops and maintains a detailed strategy and communication plan and supporting material to promote the implementation and delivery of content. Provides support, coaching, tools and interventions to HR partners and Business Leaders to address key group/organizational issues or priorities. Responsible for administrative aspects of training (space needs, contracts, etc.). (35% of time)
3. Project Management: Supports corporate-wide initiatives as needed. Oversees multiple projects simultaneously and provides input on the development of new organization-wide initiatives. Utilizes project management skills and direct/indirect leadership skills to facilitate team projects. (15% of time)
4. Analytics: Develops and implements pre-program solutions to prepare participants and maximize the experience; provides post-program feedback and solutions to support application of learning. Works with Talent Development team to provide analysis of the effectiveness of programs and initiatives, demonstrating success/return on investment. (10% of time)
5. Performs other duties as needed. (5% of time)
Level of decision making authority
* Makes recommendations and decisions, typically with approval from SVP that have significant impact on operations for multiple areas within the business.
Level of autonomy
* Minimal supervision, individual must demonstrate initiative and be self-directed. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to help meet established goals, resolve technical or operational problems.
c)The impact of his/her decision on the organization
* Makes recommendations to leadership teams on training solutions that drive strategic focus on long term sustainability. Recommendations will have impact enterprise-wide.
* Must build and maintain relationships with all levels throughout the enterprise; works closely with operational leaders, field operations, learning and development teams and teams across all business units.