Essential Job Function:
Build and execute Global’s training and development function, supporting the broad needs of the business. This includes creating a platform and strategy to support our growing retail operations, as well as to develop an ongoing leadership and development platform for our corporate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a robust, field-based onboarding and training program for our rapidly growing and evolving retail operation.
- Work with the CHRO to create Global’s Learning and Development Strategy and Program, that will consider and support the various aspects of the Global business strategy and its population.
- Own the learning & development strategy and the various programs that support the strategy; partner with the HR leadership team and the business leaders to ensure our learning & development strategies are aligned with corporate objectives.
- Research, assess, design and implement learning & development programs for our employees throughout the various stages of their careers from on-boarding to leadership; assess and revise existing programs and/or develop new programs to ensure we offer a relevant and robust learning & development offering at all times.
- Assess and select the best facilitation (instructor-led, eLearning, multimedia, etc.) and execution (internal, external, train-the-trainer, etc.) methods to ensure the content is delivered with the highest impact while remaining cost effective.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the business to design and deliver high-impact learning & development programs for their organization’s needs.
- Support the implementation and ongoing management of Workday Learning, our Learning Management System. Capitalizing on the all aspects of the learning platform, working with HRIS the team to implement enhancements, develop and change processes and protocols and to find better and more meaningful ways to deliver our learning and development programs to our geographically dispersed population.
- Develop and manage the retail operations management training program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum of eight to ten years of learning and development experience with some experience in a retail, QSR or food service environment preferred.
- Proven ability to lead effective learning & development efforts in an organization with a broad range of experience and skill levels, from terminal employees and field based hourly retail employees to experienced professionals in the corporate setting.
- Experience building or developing a learning and development platform in a growing organization preferred. Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of business model, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making; ability to build sound business cases to support initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with internal and external partners and business leaders across the organization.
- Ability to influence business leaders; strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to seamlessly alternate between the tactical and strategic responsibilities.