The Director of Talent role will lead and elevate our high-functioning and extremely compassionate recruiting team. Initially, this role will report directly to our COO and co-founder. The Director of Talent will have a direct team of three, including our fabulous Manager, Recruiting Operations. Additionally, they will lead the broader recruiting team of ten recruiters, senior recruiters and recruiting coordinators.This is an amazing opportunity for a leader with deep knowledge in recruiting to drive the vision for Talent at BetterUp. We are looking for someone who has a track record of uplifting highly capable and devoted teams, and a passion for driving an innovative and effective Talent function.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging, thrilling, and rewarding work at a company that prioritizes talent and employee success. Working at BetterUp is a truly unique experience to help build an organization where people bring their whole selves to do impactful work while pushing themselves to achieve their greatest potential.
You'll be responsible for the following:
- Build talent acquisition strategy, roadmap, and execution plan that ties to BetterUp's roadmap and business objectives, including determining organizational design for the Talent function to meet business needs
- Partner with and building strong relationships with the executive team and finance to forecast hiring needs, and consult on recruiting strategies to mitigate or avoid any potential points of failure as BetterUp scales
- Manage, guide, and mentor recruiting team managers, including Recruiting Pod leads and Manager, Recruiting Operations
- Develop recruiting short and long term strategies that ensure an ongoing pipeline of top, diverse talent across key talent segments
- Present status updates and make recommendations to senior leadership on recruiting strategies
- Drive vision for employer branding efforts and strategy
- Drive accountability for an efficient, dynamic full-cycle recruiting process
- Create and implement workforce planning/reporting on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness, manage capacity and provide actionable insights.
- Experience in leading a team focused on results that thrive in a rapidly changing, and competitive environment
- Strong previous recruiting experience, and familiarity with the tools and systems including Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter and Workday
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to identify metrics and data to back up your strategy and ideas, along with strong executive presence and storytelling skill set
- Extensive experience partnering with a distributed workforce preferred
- Ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of an organization and proven success working cross-functionally with key leaders in various departments
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing business priorities (startup experience is a bonus!)
- Passion for innovative sourcing and Talent Acquisition techniques with a focus on driving amazing experience to both hiring managers and candidates
- Experience implementing large scale programs and policies to elevate recruiting teams and hiring experience
- Resilience and forward-thinking approach required!
- 8+ years of talent acquisition experience preferred
- 4+ years of experience leading and growing talent strategy and teams preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred