Where You'll Come In
We are looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to join our growing Human's team. In this role, you will own and enable The Farmer’s Dog’s ability to grow and scale by ensuring we have the right processes, people, and strategy in place to attract amazing humans! From designing our recruiting systems, to building out our Talent Acquisition team, to enabling diversity-focused sourcing strategies, you will ensure that all talent acquisition needs are met at The Farmer’s Dog.
As the Director of Talent Acquisition, you will also be responsible for assessing the organization’s hiring goals in collaboration with our executives and department leaders. In the first six months in the role, you will review, revise, set, and monitor KPI’s and metrics to deeply understand our recruiting process effectiveness and areas in which we can improve. You will also oversee the Recruiting function, where you will foster an environment of continuous improvement in identifying advanced recruitment strategies, building talent pipelines, developing strong cross-functional relationships, and reporting on key recruitment and business metrics.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Build and develop a strong talent acquisition team rooted in our values and comprised of consultative Recruiting partners who work with our leaders tactfully source, attract, assess, and hire to meet their hiring needs.
- Drive rigor around talent acquisition processes focusing on continuous improvement to ensure that we have a consistently positive experience for candidates, hiring managers, and hiring teams.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and leaders across the organization to help us evolve from single role focused recruiting to strategic workforce planning and prioritization, so we are ahead of the hiring curve needed for the organization to scale.
- Align our hiring practices with our internal talent initiatives, with a strong focus on programs, processes, tools, and training that enable and support our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Conceptualize recruiting dashboards and create the capability to make data-driven decisions and recommendations where possible, using reporting and metrics to drive improvements in recruiting processes.
- Build and implement our employer branding strategy to position TFD as an amazing place to work
We're Excited About You Because
- You go out of your way to bring happiness and joy to all -- especially in touchpoints throughout the hiring journey.
- You act courageously, and you’re not afraid to learn from calculated risks rather than missed opportunities out of fear.
- You believe “problems are treasures” and are open to new approaches, solving problems from first principles.
- You can fly at 30,000 feet in crafting a long-term Talent Acquisition strategy one minute and then direct on the runway to help get things done.
- You have managed $1M+ in overall recruiting budget and deployed resources effectively to ensure the business meets its external talent needs.
- You have a successful track record of building and developing fantastic talent teams in high growth organizations, and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to do it.
- You have 8+ years of experience working in or alongside Talent Acquisition and/or HR (focusing on Recruiting) and 4+ years of experience managing a team.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming, friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota