Reporting to the President/Chief Operating Officer, The Director of Talent Acquisition (DTA) is responsible for managing ICT’s Talent Acquisition function. Talent is Job #1 and the individual in this highly visible and impactful role will ensure that the company continues to scale with “A” Players in every seat.
ICT has developed a strong, high-performance culture since its founding decades ago while growing from a couple of people to over 425 employees. As our reputation grows, the demand for our services is growing along with it. As a result, our hiring needs are greater than they have ever been, as we are looking to double the size of our workforce over the next two year. The DTA will develop, implement, and align recruiting programs with business objectives while serving as a strategic business partner to each member of the senior management team to support this growth!
Moreover, the DTA will support hiring managers responsively and enthusiastically with their day-to-day recruiting needs, be a strategic and operational leader focused on attracting talent across all functional disciplines while developing best-in-class processes and practices to attract people at scale.
The DTA will bring a track record of instilling programs and processes that can attract top talent that represents ICT's culture and values.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Own talent acquisition and bring the most ground-breaking and strategic systems and practices to map, target, connect and convert the best and brightest for every open (and anticipated) requirement across the org chart
- Meet hiring volume and quality goals
- Partner with senior management to shape recruiting and sourcing strategies; work with the CEO and President/COO to define critical paths, key milestones, resource requirements to meet hiring needs and maintain established quality standards.
- Establish recruiting as a strategic organization that will be sought after by ICT leadership.
- Block & tackle, while quickly benchmarking and mapping where the best talent can be found
- Continuously maintain a robust funnel of “A” Talent for high volume hiring needs
- Become a strategic business partner to each member of the Leadership Team, truly understanding their business units, their markets, and the skill sets required for them to drive their business objectives
- Build a strategic, proactive and innovative talent acquisition team. Oversee pre-employment screening, internal and external recruiting teams, recruitment agencies, offer letters and postings as well as reporting and KPIs
- Manage a recruiting 'master plan' to ensure it meets/exceeds expectations from a cost, quality and timing perspective
- Provide recruiting project management expertise, including benchmarking tools & reports
The Director of Talent Acquisition will also be called upon to:
- Drive employer branding; partner with Marketing, the Head of HR, and other senior leadership to create and implement consistent messaging and brand awareness into the marketplace for recruiting programs
- Establish a forum for soliciting ongoing feedback on progress-to-date and overall effectiveness, make necessary adjustments; foster open communication and encourage intelligent risk taking
- Serve as a subject matter expert to effectively assess candidates (via in-person or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit
- Quickly synthesize candidate and hiring manager feedback and adjust recruiting approaches as needed
- Routinely pre-close candidates and mentor staff on effective closing techniques
The Director of Talent Acquisition will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of overall recruiting experience, with at least 2 of those years as the head of a recruiting department
- BA/BS degree (preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organization Effectiveness, or related discipline)
- Hands on experience working in a rapid growth environment
- Contemporary knowledge and understanding of core recruiting metrics
- ATS implementation experience
- Healthcareexperiencepreferred but not required
The Director of Talent Acquisition will demonstrate the following traits:
- Partnership & Gravitas: ICT's Leadership Team is looking for a partner they can trust and confide in. This requires all of the above, but also a level of communication skills, business maturity and backbone to deliver and demand results. Well-developed team building and influencing skills, unquestioned ethics and integrity with the experience and confidence to effectively address sensitive recruiting issues.
- Entrepreneurial: flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; experienced in building and rapidly scaling a business; not afraid to take risks; roll-up-your-sleeves and get into the weeds as needed; make mistakes quickly and course-correct.
- Collaborative Team Player: able to work with the existing team; support, enable and inspire others to succeed; a mentor and coach who prefers to tout the development and of their team over personal accomplishments
- Proven judgment and objectivity: discrete and exercise common sense at all times; able to develop strong, trusting relationships within the department and across the organization.
- Capacity for complex problem solving, negotiations, and a tolerance for unstructured situations.
- Demonstrated customer service orientationwith outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills; well-developed interpersonal communications and employee relations abilities within all levels of the organization
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, exhibits strong organizational and time management skills.
- Confident and Credible: seen as a strategic partner and member to other senior management; viewed as a thought-leader in talent acquisition trends.
- Smart & Insightful: high intellectual bandwidth, but also has street smarts and the gut to make the tough calls that don't always flow from the data.
Job Type: Full-time
- Los Angeles, CA
- Talent Acquisition: 6years
- Leadership: 5years
- Healthcare: 5years
- Recruiting: 5years