The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for developing and executing the recruitment strategy for talent at all levels within the organization and aligning this strategy with company goals. This role will be responsible for directing and ensuring effectiveness by evaluating and streamlining talent acquisition processes, working closely with leaders to gain feedback, developing measurable and effective metrics, and building a strong and engaged talent acquisition team. This role will identify best practices that develop, implement, and assess effective talent acquisition strategies to achieve selection of highly qualified and diverse talent.
- Build, manage, and lead a best-in-class Talent Acquisition team; supplement internal resources with external support as needed.
- Drive rigor around talent acquisition processes focusing on continuous improvement to ensure that we have a consistently positive experience for candidates, hiring managers, and hiring teams.
- Responsible for recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for hourly, salaried, and executive positions.
- Manage high profile positions (Director Level and above) including full life cycle recruiting support for strategic roles.
- Partner with HR Business Partner’s to develop and implement strategies for their respective Business/Function, Corporate and Field/Stores, partners with Talent Acquisition to implement effective recruiting strategies at all levels.
- Plan and implement a recruitment marketing and employer branding strategy to attract high-quality applicants.
- Understand and anticipate market trends and their effects on talent acquisition and retention.
- Manage effective utilization of applicant tracking systems and other recruiting tools.
- Initiate, negotiate, and manage relationships with appropriate external organizations, including, but not limited to, vendor selection, temporary staffing agencies, background and compliance institutions, educational institutions, etc.
- Manage the recruiting budget, evaluate costs associated with applicant sources, advertising, relocation, and vendors; making recommendations to minimize cost or achieve better return on investment.
- Supports the development and implementation of programs aimed at enhancing diversity and inclusion in the recruitment and hiring process.
- Develop a strong University Recruiting program to include enhancement of current internship programs.
- Foster a strong external network that includes involvement in industry, university and other talent facing organizations as ambassador of the organization’s talent brand.
- Communicate and collaborate with leadership team and various internal departments to ensure that programs and initiatives are communicated and implemented across the company.
- Partner with Training and Human Resource departments to effectively manage onboarding and orientation programs to ensure new hires are successfully acclimated.
- Champion implementation and sustainment of enterprise Applicant Tracking Systems, Candidate Relationship Management platforms and other modern tools / technology.