The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for the development and implementation of effective, comprehensive recruitment programs and hiring processes. This role will provide strategic talent acquisition support across the organization, and will oversee a team of talent acquisition specialist.
The Director of Talent Acquisition’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop recruitment strategies to ensure the organization has a talent network made up of best in industry resources, including passive talent, with an understanding of seasonal recruitment within the retail industry.
- Define, track and analyze practical talent acquisition metrics and reporting methods related to the recruitment process in order to monitor and improve performance.
- Partner with senior leaders, divisional managers, and human resources to understand and identify talent acquisition needs and opportunities.
- Develop internal and external relationships that help promote recruiting and enable the function to be more effective.
- Provide divisional recruiting and hiring teams with tools to assist in recruiting and hiring diverse talent.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to the talent acquisition team with a focus on being consultative and strategic to the business while raising the bar of recruiting performance.
- Analyze recruiting and hiring results, with a focus on continuous improvement to enhance the quality of talent and reduce the time required to fill open positions.
- Manage outsourced recruiting and hiring agencies, resources and budget.
- Manage corporate recruiting and hiring directly.
- Responsible for branding and establishing the organization as a premium employer of choice in the marketplace.
- Develop and execute best-in-class practices for end to end candidateexperience inclusive of sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection and onboarding
- Lead the recruitment technology platform strategy and ensure full optimization, utilization, enhancement and continuous improvement of the applicant tracking system and other recruitment tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degreepreferred.
- 7+ years professional work experience in retail recruiting and hiring, with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience in high volume and/or seasonal recruiting required.
- Experience within a retail environment and/or call center environment preferred.
- Prior experience in project management.
- Prior experience in managing outsourced recruiting and hiring agencies, resources, and systems, with demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Superior communications skills and ability to work with a diverse employee group.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Preferably includes: Excel, PowerPoint, Word)